Community notes may be submitted to the Public Affairs office at Dover.Airlifter@dover.af.mil
Please use the following format:
(EVENT) will be held at (TIME) on (DATE) at/in (PLACE). For more information, call 677-(EXTENSION).
NOTE: Organizational e-mails may be used as contact information, but not personal e-mail addresses.
9:15 a.m. Protestant Contemporary service at the Chapel Center, building 417
Evangelical service 11 a.m. Sunday at the Chapel Center, building 417
Reconciliation 4:15 p.m. Saturday at the Chapel Center, building 417
5 p.m. Saturday Mass at the Chapel Center, building 417
9 a.m. Sunday Mass at Chapel 2, building 2998
10:15 a.m. Children's Religious Education at Chapel 2, building 2998
Reconciliation 11 a.m. Sunday at the Chapel Center, building 417
11:30 a.m. Sunday Mass at Chapel 2, building 2998
11:30 a.m. Tuesday - Friday Daily Mass at Chapel Center, building 417
*For more information contact the Chapel Center at 677-3932.
· In light of the Air Force announcing force management initiatives slated for calendar year 2014, the Airman & Family Readiness Center is offering group pre-separation counseling in bldg. 846 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday until May 1, 2014. The pre-separation counseling is the first step in the military to civilian transition process and is a prerequisite for TAP seminar attendance. Those individuals that feel they may be affected by force management (whether voluntary or involuntary) may want to consider initiating the transition process as soon as possible, as the 5-day TAP seminar is now congressionally mandated for all military personnel, with few exceptions. Call extension 6930 to sign up.
Marketing Yourself for a Second Career
·Marketing Yourself for a Second Career, which is sponsored by MOAA, will be presenting at Dover AFB on 12 Mar 14 at the base theater from 0900-1100 hours. This is a free professional development lecture designed for officers and senior enlisted personnel who plan to leave the service in the near future. Other ranks, civilians, spouses and retirees are also invited. Items covered in this seminar are competition for finding a job, a plan for job searching, how employers read resumes, networking, preparing for interviews and salary negotiations. Email CGOC1@us.af.mil to RSVP not later than 27 Feb. The lecturer for this event is Colonel (Ret) Terri Coles, USA. If you have any questions, please call extension 6930.
The Library is moving
· The Library in building 262 will cease operation on 21 February 2014. All Library materials will be due back by 28 February 2014. The last story time in the Library will be February 19, 2014. The new Dover AFB Library configuration will officially open in the Youth Center and the Education Building on March 21, 2014.For more information, call 677-3992.
Diabetes or Asthma?
· Do you have Diabetes or Asthma? Group sessions are available to help understand and manage your condition. Call the MTF appointment line 730-4633 to schedule a session with a provider and a disease management nurse. Classes offered monthly.
Annual Trespass Notice
· The 436th Security Forces Squadron firing range complex, located at the south end of base, is off limits to all unauthorized personnel. Trespassing is illegal and dangerous due to scheduled and unscheduled weapons firing. If a valid entry is required, contact Security Forces Combat Arms Section by reporting to the main office in building 1403. For more information, call 677-6309 or 677-6310.
Heart Link Spouse orientation
· Heart Link Spouse orientation, Thursday, March 13 at Chapel 1 8 am to 2:30 pm. Register by Monday, March 10, Please call (302) 677-6930. Free child care and lunch will be provided.
Annual Technology Expo
· The 6th Annual Technology Expo, Tuesday, March 18, 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at The Landing
See the latest Information & Technology all in one place at one time! Ask questions about what you use today and how new technology will help maximize your time and productivity. Open and Free to all DoD, government and contractor personnel. Continental Breakfast * Light Lunch Served * FREE! Register Onsite or Sign-up Online Today! http://fdaexpo.com/register.php?id=134
436th SFS to host competition
· The 436th Security Forces Squadron is proud to sponsor an Excellence in Competition rifle match on March 21, 2014. Signups for the competition will begin on March 1, 2014. This event is available to the first 100 shooters. Competitors are required to email the 436SFS.CATM@us.af.mil and will be registered on a first come first serve basis. You will need to provide the following information when signing up: Name, Rank, Squadron, Duty and Home phone numbers. The competition is open to all active/reserve/guard U.S Air Force personnel. The 436th SFS will also sponsor an EIC M-9 match on April 4, 2014. Signups for the competition will begin March 21, 2014. This event is available to the first 100 shooters. The same rules for registering apply.
To earn a medal at the EIC match, shooters must score at least 455 of 500 points for rifle, AND have a score in the top 10% of all shooters that participate. Combat Arms will provide both the M16A2 rifle with applicable ammunition for the event. Target distance for the match will be 25 meters using an Olympic 6-10 ring scoreable target with hits in the 7 - 10 ring counted for score. This is not a "fun" shoot or a familiarization course of fire. Shooters MUST be familiar with the weapon and its operation prior to the match. There will be no instruction given on the operation of the weapon, other than a safety briefing.
Dover AFB Veterinary Clinic
· Due to a new veterinary computer system, the Dover AFB Veterinary Clinic is experiencing delays in service and appointment times. We ask that all patrons be patient with all staff members as they become accustomed to this new system. All prescriptions, including monthly heartworm prevention, must be requested in advance and will no longer be filled on a walk-in basis. To ease this process, we ask that when you are within 5 days of running out of your pet's prescription medication, please contact the clinic to allow adequate time to process the refill. Please allow up to 48 hours from the initial request to pick up your pet's medication. As a reminder, the veterinary clinic does not provide walk-in appointments or emergency care and may close on a short notice. We ask that our customers use a reliable off base clinic when care is not available on base. The clinic is open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.; and Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.; closed all federal holidays and at 2 p.m.on the last business day of each month for inventory purposes. The clinic offers routine wellness exams, vaccinations, health certificates, and minor sick-calls. Surgical and dental procedures are not offered at this time. The clinic staff members would like to thank all patrons for their understanding with many new changes in place.
Please call (302) 677-5253/5252 to schedule appointments and request prescription refills.
Eagle Heights Housing
Eagle Heights has housing availability open to Active Duty Military, Unaccompanied Airman (roommates included), Guard and Reserve, Federal Civil Service Employees, Retired Military and Retired Federal Service. For more information, call (302) 678-3603.
· Four Leaf Clover 5K Fun Run, March 11, 8 a.m. 5K Fun run starts & finishes at the Fitness Center and is open to all active duty, dependents and DoD cardholders. Runners, walkers and dependents with strollers are welcome. No dogs permitted. This event is sponsored in part by: Wilmington University* and First Class Properties*. *No federal endorsement of sponsors intended. For more information, call 677-3962.
· Dodgeball Tournament, March 14, 11 a.m. This tournament is open to all squadrons on base. Each squadron will be allowed one team to compete in the tournament. Teams may include active duty, reservists, and civilian employees. Awards will be given for first and second place teams. Registration deadline is March 11. For more information, call 677-3962.
· Walk - About Down Under, November 1, 2013 - March 31, 2014: Walk-About Down Under is an incentive program to provide participants with a way to track their cardio workouts during the winter months and earn a prize by completing the required number of workouts per week. This year's program takes you through Australia on an adventurous journey through the Outback. Fitness Goals: 1) Improve endurance 2) Encourages participation in base activities 3) Incentive to maintain cardiovascular exercise through the winter months. This activity is open to Active Duty military, Reserves, DOD/NAF civilians, dependents, and retirees. Passports will be provided for all participants and will be stamped by the Fitness Center Staff upon completion of 4 workouts per week. This event is sponsored in part by: Wilmington University* and Mary Kay*. *No federal endorsement of sponsors intended. For more information, call 677-3962.
· Heritage Half Marathon, April 27, 8 a.m.: The Fitness Center, in conjunction with the AMC Museum, is holding a half marathon event open to the public. Registration starts at 7 a.m. This individual competition starts with a "Kiddie K" 100 yard dash at the AMC Museum at 7:50 a.m., with a follow-on 5K run and half marathon that finishes at the museum. Medals will be given to all Half Marathon finishers. Awards in the 5K and Half Marathon will be given for the first 3 male and female finishers in 5-year age groups. Tech Shirts will be given to all registrants. Cost is $20 ($25 - after April 20) for the 5K Run/Walk or $30 ($35 - after April 20) for the Half Marathon. Sponsored in part by: First Class Properties* and Ability One*. *No federal endorsement of sponsors intended. This event is open to the public! For more information or for registration information, call the Fitness Center at 677-3962, or log on to www.trisportsevents.com.
· Dover AFB is currently seeking any Crossfit level 1 or 2 instructors that are willing & available to teach powerlifting/Olympic style techniques at the base gym. If interested; please contact Capt Ashley Willis, Staff Sgt. Justin Bogushefsky or Senior Airman Story Parsons. All contact information can be found on the outlook global. Sign up for these classes by calling the Airman and Family Readiness Center at (302) 677-6930 or on Leadership Pathways.
2014 Air Force Hoops Program
· Starting March 1 at select FSS Facilities, You have a chance to win up to $5,000 cash! There will be incredible drawings! One or four VIP Tournament Packages including Championship game and semifinals tickets, airfare and hotel. To enter, participants can either: 1) pick up a scratch-off game piece at participating FSS activities, one scratch-off game piece per visit, while supplies last, or 2) scan the Quick Response (QR) code on a promotional counter card displayed at select installation FSS facilities. No purchase necessary.
· Scratch-off game pieces contain either an instant win prize or a code which unlocks a random seed for the 2014 Division I Men's Basketball Tournament. Example: Midwest Seed #8. Scanning a QR code on the counter card will only return a code to unlock a random seed for the tournament. To play the code, participants must register (personal or official email address and the name of Air Force installation that they are assigned) at: www.MyAirForceLife.com/AirForceHoops website. Registration requires a participant email address and name of Air Force installation. Winners will be notified on 31 March, 2014 at 10 a.m. Central Daylight Savings Time by email, and will have 24 hours to accept their prize package.
· Did you know? The Fitness Center now offers a 1,200 sq. ft. area, called the "Xtreme Fitness Room", in which you can perform your own functional training program, with kettlebells, dumbbells, squat racks, and bumper plates, as well as pull-up bars and plyometric equipment. This area is for individual use and is open during normal Fitness Center hours. Come by today to get a tour of our new workout area!
Arts & Crafts Center
· Framing & Matting Class, March 5, 4 p.m.: The perfect class for the do-it-yourself framer. Learn mat cutting and picture frame assembly, and how to select mat colors and molding to accent and enhance artwork of all types. Class tuition includes a supply kit containing various mat boards, glass and moulding to create a framed project in class. Lessons learned can then be applied to any size projects. Please bring a 4x6 photo to frame. Cost is $25. Registration is required. PLAYpass eligible. Call 677-3242 for more information.
· Pottery Basics Classes, March 6, 6 - 8 p.m.: This 4 week class introduces the exciting aspects of working with clay. We will cover the basic skills of using a potter's wheel to create a variety of vessels. Students will learn to finish their work using various techniques with glazing. Cost: $75, includes supplies. Registration is required. PLAYpass eligible. Call 677-3242 for more information.
· What You Auto-Know Class, March 13, 4 p.m. What You Auto-Know is designed to acquaint participants with a vehicle's maintenance needs and how to perform basic checks on specific systems such as tires, brakes, fluids, and lights. The Dover AFB Auto Hobby Shop wants members to understand more about their cars, the benefits of having them properly maintained, and what to do when something goes wrong. A well-maintained vehicle is both safer and more dependable. This is a free class. Registration is required. Call 677-3242 for more information.
· Graduation 2014 Framing Special, through August 2014: Commemorate your achievement! Come into the Frame Shop and build your own custom frame design for your diploma with various molding options, up to a double mat design, and expert design consultation. Cost is $99.99 for up to a 16"x20" frame size. For more information, call 677-3241.
· Open studio, Thursday evenings, Arts & Crafts Center, 6 - 8 p.m.: Come in and paint, work on stained glass, use the pottery studio or self-frame in the studios. All supplies and payments must be purchased prior to close of regular business hours - as retail/frame shops will be closed. The cost is $5 per evening. Registration is required for open studio. For more information, call 677-3246/3242.
Eagle Creek Golf Course
· Golf Package for Lodging Guest, Now thru May 1, 2014. Eagle Creek Golf Course offer a golf package for Lodging guest that includes rental clubs for use, a package of 3 golf balls, 9 holes with cart for $25 or 18 holes with cart for $34. Guest must present their room key. For more information, call 677-2988.
Outdoor Recreation Center
· 2014 Pool Passes are on sale now for our PLAYpass customers. Pool passes for cash customers will go on sale 1 May and here are the prices for cash/PLAYpass purchases:
Family of 2- $52
Family of 3- $71
Family of 4- $90
Family of 5- $109
For more information, call 677-3959.
· Youth Spring Swimming Lessons: Outdoor Recreation, in partnership with the YMCA of Dover, is offering youth swimming lessons for ages 6 month - 12 years old. Registration is now open at Outdoor Recreation. Space is limited, sign up early. All lessons are held on Saturday mornings.
Spring Session, March 8 - April 26, 2014(7 Lessons): $57 for ages 6 month to 5 yrs and $66 for ages 6 - 12 yrs. Payment must be made at the time of sign up and no refunds will be issued after closing date for the session. Registration deadline for the Spring Session March 3. For more information, call 677-3959.
· Our story time takes children on a reading adventure! Your toddler can explore their imagination during our story time at the Library on Wednesdays from 2 - 3 p.m. After we read stories, the children make a craft. For children 3-5 years old. For more information, call 677-3992.
· Help expand toddler's imaginations during story time at the Library, Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to noon. After stories are read, the children make a craft. Story time is for children 3-5 years old. For more information, call 677-3992.
· Hours at the Library: Monday - Thursday 11 a.m. - 9 p.m., Friday 10 - a.m. - 5 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday & Holidays closed. For more information, call 677-3992.
Information Tickets & Travel
· Philadelphia Flower Show, March 8, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.: Join us for the 2014 Philadelphia International Flower Show where art and horticulture will collide in this year's theme of "Articulture". Take in the beautiful displays as you explore great gardens and learn from the world's most celebrated growers and designers. We will depart from Dover Air Force Base at 7 a.m. and return at 7 p.m. Cost is $52 per adult and $40 per child, includes transportation and admission. PLAYpass eligible. Registration deadline is March 5. For more information, call 677-6772.
· 9/11 Memorial New York City, March 1, 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.: Join us on March 1 to visit the 9/11 Memorial and New York City. This Memorial is a national tribute of remembrance and honor to the 2,983 people killed in the terror attacks of September 11, 2001 and February 26, 1993. Our courteous bus driver will take you right to the memorial and later transport you to the Times Square area to finish your memorable trip to New York City. We will depart from Dover Air Force Base at 6 a.m. and depart New York City at 9 p.m. Cost is $40 per person, includes transportation and memorial entrance ticket. PLAYpass eligible. Registration deadline is February 26. Sponsored in part by: ERA Harrington Realty*. *No federal endorsement of sponsor intended. For more information, call 677-6772.
· Enjoy winter savings on all Carmike* movie tickets for $7.50. Tickets are good for any movie from the first day on except for special events (concert movies, 3D, etc.) Tickets are available from ITT or ODR, Mon - Fri, from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. For more information, call Dover AFB Information, Tickets, & Travel (ITT) 677-6772. *No federal endorsement intended.
Mulligans Sports Bar & Grill
· Fiesta Fridays, March 7, 5 - 8 p.m.: All-You-Care-To-Eat Burrito and Taco Bar has all of your favorite toppings including seasoned ground beef, pico de gallo, sliced jalapenos, sour cream and diced onion. Cost for adults is $10.95 and cost for Kids (ages 12 and under) is $6.95, includes a fountain beverage. For more information, call 677-6038.
· Fanatic Football, Saturdays & Sundays: Fanatic Football is every Saturday and Sunday at Mulligans Sports Bar & Grill. Purchase the Game Day Special. Write your name and phone number on the back of the receipt for a chance to win a $10 Mulligans food coupon weekly. All receipts will be put in for a chance to win $500 cash after the play-off games have been played! For more information, call 677-6038.
· Experience our delicious burgers and watch sports or spend time with your family and friends during our $5 Burger Night! Every Thursday night from 5 - 8 p.m. we have $5 grilled 7 ounce angus burger with your choice of cheese, topped with lettuce, tomato, and onion with a side of french fries. Beverages are sold separately. Sweet potato fries are 75 cents extra. For more information, call 677-6038.
· Experience our tasty wings and watch sports or spend time with your family and friends during our Yueng & Wing Night! Every Wednesday night from 5 - 8 p.m. we have 50 cent wings and $2.50 draft Yuengling*. For more information, call 677-6038. *No federal endorsement intended.
· Kids Eat Free, Saturdays: Kids up to twelve years old eat free every Saturday from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Mulligans Sports Bar & Grill with the purchase of a regular adult meal. For more information, call 677-6038.
· 2014 Air Force Club Membership Scholarship Program runs now through May 15. This year, $25,000 will be awarded to 25 club members or their families attending or accepted to attend a college or university ($1,000 to each person. To apply, applicants must be enrolled or have been accepted, full time or part time in an undergraduate or graduate program of studies leading to an Associates, Bachelors or Master's Degree at an accredited college or university for the fall of 2014. An essay of 500 words or less embracing the theme "Who, what, when, where and why" of how you would add new life into an MWR program to increase and continue its success? (select one program to write about), must be submitted online only by May 15, 2014. To access the entry form & more information, go to: http://www.myairforcelife.com/Clubs.
· The Landings Catering Office: Hours for the Catering Office: Monday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. & Tuesday 1 - 5 p.m. They are located in building 476, room 104. Parties, meetings, weddings, conferences, graduations and more can be booked through the Catering Office. For more information, call 677-6024.
· The Family Child Care Office has moved to the Youth Center, building 864. The new phone number is 677-6115. Customer service hours remain 0800-1700, Monday thru Friday. Please contact Ms. Beverly Henderson at 677-6115 if there are any questions.
· The Family Child Care homes offer: Full time and part time child care with flexible hours in a safe, nurturing, home style setting. All providers are licensed and trained by the Air Force and the state of Delaware. For more information call, Beverly Henderson at 677-6115.
· Dover Air Force Base is looking for spouses of active duty or retired military to become licensed and affiliated as Air Force Family Child Care providers. If interested in operating a Family Child Care business in a home on or off base housing, call Beverly Henderson at 302-677-6115.
· Looking for child care with flexible hours in a home setting? Consider Family Child Care to meet your child care needs. Our Family Child Care homes offer: Full time and part time child care with flexible hours in a safe, nurturing, home style setting. All providers are licensed and trained by the Air Force and the state of Delaware. For more information please call, Beverly Henderson at 677-6115.
· Family Child Care offers military families: PLAYpass Pre-Deployment Child Care 16 hours of free child care is available 30 days prior to deployment. Also, PLAYpass Deployment Child Care 16 hours of free child care is available to family members during deployments of 30 days of longer. For more information, call Beverly Henderson at 302-677-6115.
· Music Instructors Wanted: If you are interested in teaching youth music classes, please call us at 677-6376.
Eagle Lanes Bowling Center
· St. Patrick's Day 9 Pin Tournament, March 15, 12 p.m. Grab your friends and join us for our St. Patrick's Day 9 Pin Tournament! Check in is at 12 p.m. and practice begins at 12:50 p.m. You can have a 4 person mix or match team and will bowl 4 games. Handicap is based on 90% of 220 with no cap. Cost is $20 per person or $80 per team of 4. Call 677-3950 for more information.
· Thursday Night League, Thursdays, March 13 - May 23: This is a 9 week League with the 10th week being "Sweeper and Payout". League starts Thursday, March 13 and ends May 23. Practice starts at 5:50 p.m. League starts at 6 p.m. 4 person mix or match $10.00 per person. For more information, call 677-3950.
· Cosmic Bowling, Fridays and Saturdays, 6 - 11 p.m.: Cosmic Bowling is now on Fridays and Saturdays from 6 - 11 p.m. Unlimited bowling for just $15. Price includes shoe rental. PLAYpass eligible. Call 677-3950 for more information.
· Tuesday Night Special, Tuesdays, 4 p.m. : Join us at Eagle Lanes Bowling Center for our Burgers & Bowling Special every Tuesday starting at 4 p.m. All for $12, the special includes 3 games of bowling, shoe rental, and a grilled 6 oz. burger on a toasted kaiser roll with your choice of cheese and topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayonnaise. Served with french fries, beverage not included. Additional toppings and other fries are available for an additional charge. Call 677-3950 for more information.
· Get Ready For Fall Leagues at Eagle Lanes Bowling Center - Starting in September. Look for the following league sign-up sheets! Saturday Youth League, Wednesday Intramurals League, Flying Miss League and Friday Night Mixed League . For more information, call the Eagle Lanes Bowling Center at 677-3950.
Airmen & Family Readiness Center
· Daily Lunch & Bowl, Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.: Join us for the Daily Lunch & Bowl Monday through Friday! For $6.50 you get 1 game of bowling (shoes included), a grilled cheese sandwich, a bag of chips, and a fountain beverage. For more information, call 677-3950.
· The PLAYpass Program provides deployed-affected Single Airmen and Air Force families respite from the challenges of deployment. Single Airmen returning from deployment and families of deployed members can receive special discounts and rewards to help make their deployment easier. This program runs now through December 2013. PLAYpass cards pre-printed with specific dollar value coupon blocks can be applied to the specified programs offered at each participating location. Each card is valued in excess of $500. For more information or to find out eligibility for a PLAYpass, visit www.MyAirForceLife.com or contact AFRC at 677-6930.
King Pin Café
· Join us for our Pizza & Bowling every Friday at 5 p.m.! For $40.00 you get 2 hrs of lane rental (shoes included), 1 pizza and 1 pitcher of soda. For more information, call 677-3950.
· Call In Your Food Order: You may now call in your food orders to King Pin Café by phone, even during lunch hours! Call 677-5323/3950 to place your order or for more information and one of our friendly staff members will assist you.
· Social Hour, 5 - 7 p.m.: Come join us from 5 - 7 p.m. for Social Hour! Call 677-5323 for more information.
· Wilmington University's Spring 2014 registration is in progress for classes beginning January 13, 2014. Registration for Summer 2014 classes will begin March 3, 2014. Classes can be taken on DAFB or at any Wilmington University location. Wilmington University courses can be used to fulfill CCAF requirements, Wilmington University requirements, or transfers to other institutions. If getting to class is difficult for you, try our HYBRID or ONLINE courses. Don't forget to call regarding special military and dependent tuition rates! For more information call (302)674-8726 or stop by Building 261, Room 301.
· Serving the Military student for 40 years, Southern Illinois University's Technology Off-Campus Degree Programs and Distance Education features many online courses ranging from 100 level to Master degrees. Registration for Spring 2014 is now open. Classroom courses to be offered at Dover include Applied Calculus, Production & Inventory Control and Project Management. The BS in Industrial Technology is also online for those needing an online degree. For more information contact the SIU office at (302)734-7829, DoverAFB@siu.edu