Community notes may be submitted to the Public Affairs office at Dover.Airlifter@dover.af.mil
Please use the following format:
(EVENT) will be held at (TIME) on (DATE) at/in (PLACE). For more information, call 677-(EXTENSION).
NOTE: Organizational e-mails may be used as contact information, but not personal e-mail addresses.
9:15 a.m. Protestant Contemporary service at the Chapel Center, building 417
Evangelical service 11 a.m. Sunday at the Chapel Center, building 417
Holy Week Services
18 Apr, Good Friday Service, 11:30 a.m., Chapel 1
20 Apr, Easter Sunrise Service, 6:15 a.m., Mulligans
20 Apr, Easter Services, 9:15 a.m. and 11:00 a.m., Chapel 1
Reconciliation 4:15 p.m. Saturday at the Chapel Center, building 417
5 p.m. Saturday Mass at the Chapel Center, building 417
9 a.m. Sunday Mass at Chapel 2, building 2998
10:15 a.m. Children's Religious Education at Chapel 2, building 2998
Reconciliation 11 a.m. Sunday at the Chapel Center, building 417
11:30 a.m. Sunday Mass at Chapel 2, building 2998
11:30 a.m. Tuesday - Friday Daily Mass at Chapel Center, building 417
*For more information contact the Chapel Center at 677-3932.
Catholic Holy Week Masses
17 Apr., Holy Thursday, 7 p.m., Chapel 2
18 Apr., Good Friday, Stations of the Cross 3 p.m. and Eucharistic Service 7 p.m., Chapel 2
19 Apr., Saturday Easter Vigil, 8 p.m. Chapel 2---No 5 p.m. Mass
20 Apr., Sunday Easter Masses, 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., Chapel 2
For information call the Chapel office at 677-3932
The local SGI-USA Nichiren Buddhist chapter will be hosting an introductory meeting on Saturday, April 12, 2014 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm at Chapel I, annex room. For more information please contact Anne Child (302) 632-8392, Ralph Matthews (302) 736-0627 or Barbara Clark (302) 423-5777.
Babysitting is not provided but all are welcome to attend.
Air Mobility Command Icon
· Air Mobility Command is searching for the 2014 AMC Icon. The AMC Icon program is loosely based around the hit TV program, American Idol. All AMC installations will host base-level talent shows in either July or August. Local contestants compete for $1,000 in cash prizes, the top Active Duty Air Force vocalist will then compete for $2,000 in cash prizes at the command level. This year's AMC Icon Command Finals will again be conducted via video submissions which will be judged by our expert panel of celebrity judges. All videos will also be posted online for all to view. The top three AMC finalists will receive cash awards of $1,000, $600 and $400 respectively. Interested participants are encouraged to contact their installation Force Support Squadron (FSS) Marketing office for additional information. Local base shows are open to all ID card holders 18 and older.
Settlement of estates
· Any persons having claims for or against Technical Sgt. Wesley Stair assigned to the 436th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Dover AFB, Del., should contact the Summary Court Officer, 1st Lt Rachel Van Sciver at 302-677-5335, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dispostion of Personal Effects
· Any persons having claims or indebtedness to the estate against Technical Sgt. Wesley Stair assigned to the 436th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Dover AFB, Del., should contact the Summary Court Officer, 1st Lt Rachel Van Sciver at 302-677-5335, or via e-mail at email@example.com.
· In light of the Air Force announcing force management initiatives slated for calendar year 2014, the Airman & Family Readiness Center is offering group pre-separation counseling in bldg. 846 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday until May 1, 2014. The pre-separation counseling is the first step in the military to civilian transition process and is a prerequisite for TAP seminar attendance. Those individuals that feel they may be affected by force management (whether voluntary or involuntary) may want to consider initiating the transition process as soon as possible, as the 5-day TAP seminar is now congressionally mandated for all military personnel, with few exceptions. Call extension 6930 to sign up.
Diabetes or Asthma?
· Do you have Diabetes or Asthma? Group sessions are available to help understand and manage your condition. Call the MTF appointment line 730-4633 to schedule a session with a provider and a disease management nurse. Classes offered monthly.
Annual Trespass Notice
· The 436th Security Forces Squadron firing range complex, located at the south end of base, is off limits to all unauthorized personnel. Trespassing is illegal and dangerous due to scheduled and unscheduled weapons firing. If a valid entry is required, contact Security Forces Combat Arms Section by reporting to the main office in building 1403. For more information, call 677-6309 or 677-6310.
436th Security Forces hosting Firearms Safety Shoot
· The 436th Security Forces Squadron will host a firearms safety shoot April 19, 2014, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. This will be open to all Dover AFB members and families. All participants MUST attend a home/range safety briefing prior to participating in the shoot. The following firearms are authorized: All handguns .45 caliber and below. All rifles .270 caliber and below. Shotguns 12 gauge and below. Children under the age of 10 may not participate and all participants under the age of 18 must have their parents consent. All participants will be required to sign a Hold Harmless and Idemnification agreement. Each participant must provide their own ammunition, standard ball rounds only (up to 25 rounds per handgun/rifle and 10 rounds per shotgun) and only leg/hip holsters are authorized. All participants must RSVP by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 302-677-6309 prior to April 18, 2014. Please provide the following information: number and ages of family members participating and weapon type and caliber.
436th Security Forces Booster Club to Host Quarter Auction
· The 436th Security Forces Squadron Booster Club is hosting a Quarter Auction to assist squadron functions, expecting mothers, and deployed members' families from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on April 18, 2014, at the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) Lodge at 1584 Kitts Kummock Rd. Dover, Del., 19901.
436th Airlift Wing Annual Retiree Day
· The 436th Airlift Wing Retiree Day will be held on Saturday September 20, from 0800-1200, at the Landings Club on Dover AFB. For More information contact the Base Retiree Office at 302-677-4612 or email at email@example.com.
Dover AFB Veterinary Clinic
· Due to a new veterinary computer system, the Dover AFB Veterinary Clinic is experiencing delays in service and appointment times. We ask that all patrons be patient with all staff members as they become accustomed to this new system. All prescriptions, including monthly heartworm prevention, must be requested in advance and will no longer be filled on a walk-in basis. To ease this process, we ask that when you are within 5 days of running out of your pet's prescription medication, please contact the clinic to allow adequate time to process the refill. Please allow up to 48 hours from the initial request to pick up your pet's medication. As a reminder, the veterinary clinic does not provide walk-in appointments or emergency care and may close on a short notice. We ask that our customers use a reliable off base clinic when care is not available on base. The clinic is open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.; and Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.; closed all federal holidays and at 2 p.m.on the last business day of each month for inventory purposes. The clinic offers routine wellness exams, vaccinations, health certificates, and minor sick-calls. Surgical and dental procedures are not offered at this time. The clinic staff members would like to thank all patrons for their understanding with many new changes in place.
Please call (302) 677-5253/5252 to schedule appointments and request prescription refills.
· Did you know? The Logistics Readiness Squadron is the Wing's focal point for returning/disposing all consumables ERRCD (XB3/NF1) items. IAW AFMAN23-122
paragraph 188.8.131.52.3, Customers will collect, retain, and return to the LRS/Materiel Management Activity all consumable items, serviceable or unserviceable having potential use or resale value. The LRS/Materiel Management Activity will reissue and redistribute these for repair and reuse, or transfer to DLADS as scrap. The LRS personnel will pick up all consumable turn-ins (Monday-Friday) from each Maintenance backshop. The returning activity will prepare and sign DD Form 1574 to accompany each item. Please call MSgt Williams at 677-5004 for more information.
Eagle Heights Housing
· Eagle Heights has housing availability open to Active Duty Military, Unaccompanied Airman (roommates included), Guard and Reserve, Federal Civil Service Employees, Retired Military and Retired Federal Service. For more information, call (302) 678-3603.
· Spring Dorm Dinner: The Dover Top 3 is hosting a Spring Dorm Dinner sponsored by the Base Chapel April 24, 2014, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Eagles Net Café. The theme is Buffet style food featuring fried chicken, sides, drinks and desserts.
· Heritage Half Marathon, April 27, 8 a.m.: The Fitness Center, in conjunction with the AMC Museum, is holding a half marathon event open to the public. Registration starts at 7 a.m. This individual competition starts with a "Kiddie K" 100 yard dash at the AMC Museum at 7:50 a.m., with a follow-on 5K run and half marathon that finishes at the museum. Medals will be given to all Half Marathon finishers. Awards in the 5K and Half Marathon will be given for the first 3 male and female finishers in 5-year age groups. Tech Shirts will be given to all registrants. Cost is $20 ($25 - after April 20) for the 5K Run/Walk or $30 ($35 - after April 20) for the Half Marathon. Sponsored in part by: First Class Properties* and Ability One*. *No federal endorsement of sponsors intended. This event is open to the public! For more information or for registration information, call the Fitness Center at 677-3962, or log on to www.trisportsevents.com.
· Dover AFB is currently seeking any Crossfit level 1 or 2 instructors that are willing & available to teach powerlifting/Olympic style techniques at the base gym. If interested; please contact Capt Ashley Willis, Staff Sgt. Justin Bogushefsky or Senior Airman Story Parsons. All contact information can be found on the outlook global. Sign up for these classes by calling the Airman and Family Readiness Center at (302) 677-6930 or on Leadership Pathways.
2014 Air Force Hoops Program
· Starting March 1 at select FSS Facilities, You have a chance to win up to $5,000 cash! There will be incredible drawings! One or four VIP Tournament Packages including Championship game and semifinals tickets, airfare and hotel. To enter, participants can either: 1) pick up a scratch-off game piece at participating FSS activities, one scratch-off game piece per visit, while supplies last, or 2) scan the Quick Response (QR) code on a promotional counter card displayed at select installation FSS facilities. No purchase necessary. Scratch-off game pieces contain either an instant win prize or a code which unlocks a random seed for the 2014 Division I Men's Basketball Tournament. Example: Midwest Seed #8. Scanning a QR code on the counter card will only return a code to unlock a random seed for the tournament. To play the code, participants must register (personal or official email address and the name of Air Force installation that they are assigned) at: www.MyAirForceLife.com/AirForceHoops website. Registration requires a participant email address and name of Air Force installation. Winners will be notified on 31 March, 2014 at 10 a.m. Central Daylight Savings Time by email, and will have 24 hours to accept their prize package.
Arts & Crafts Center
· Tile Painting Class, April 11, 6 - 7:30 p.m.: Work with ceramic tiles to create a small mural of your own design. Basic surface decoration will be demonstrated. Use the skills learned in this workshop to create your own decorative tiles for walls and other artistic projects. Cost: $40, includes supplies. Registration is required. Call 677-3242 for more information.
· Paint Like Van Gogh Class, April 12, 1 - 3 p.m.: This class provides a unique opportunity to see art through the artist's style and techniques. (Ages 8 - 15). Cost: $20, includes supplies. Registration is required. Call 677-3242 for more information.
· Graduation 2014 Framing Special, through August 2014: Commemorate your achievement! Come into the Frame Shop and build your own custom frame design for your diploma with various molding options, up to a double mat design, and expert design consultation. Cost is $99.99 for up to a 16"x20" frame size. For more information, call 677-3241.
· Open studio, Thursday evenings, Arts & Crafts Center, 6 - 8 p.m.: Come in and paint, work on stained glass, use the pottery studio or self-frame in the studios. All supplies and payments must be purchased prior to close of regular business hours - as retail/frame shops will be closed. The cost is $5 per evening. Registration is required for open studio. For more information, call 677-3246/3242.
Eagle Creek Golf Course
· Golf Package for Lodging Guest, Now thru May 1, 2014. Eagle Creek Golf Course offer a golf package for Lodging guest that includes rental clubs for use, a package of 3 golf balls, 9 holes with cart for $25 or 18 holes with cart for $34. Guest must present their room key. For more information, call 677-2988.
· Masters Tournament. April 12: Pick your pro. April 13: 9 a.m. shot gun start. $35 per player (greens fee holder) or $50 per player (non-greens fee holder). Format: Your 18 net score plus that of a Pro from the Masters Field 3rd round 90% handicap. Fee Includes: Golf cart, green fees, and prizes. Entry deadline is 5 p.m., April 10. Must have USGA Handicap. For more information, call 677-2988.
Outdoor Recreation Center
· 2014 Pool Passes are on sale now for our PLAYpass customers. Pool passes for cash customers will go on sale 1 May and here are the prices for cash/PLAYpass purchases:
Family of 2- $52
Family of 3- $71
Family of 4- $90
Family of 5- $109
For more information, call 677-3959.
· Our story time takes children on a reading adventure! Your toddler can explore their imagination during our story time at the Library on Wednesdays from 2 - 3 p.m. After we read stories, the children make a craft. For children 3-5 years old. For more information, call 677-3992.
Information Tickets & Travel
· Enjoy winter savings on all Carmike* movie tickets for $7.50. Tickets are good for any movie from the first day on except for special events (concert movies, 3D, etc.) Tickets are available from ITT or ODR, Mon - Fri, from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. For more information, call Dover AFB Information, Tickets, & Travel (ITT) 677-6772. *No federal endorsement intended.
Mulligans Sports Bar & Grill
· Experience our delicious burgers and watch sports or spend time with your family and friends during our $6 Burger Night! Every Thursday night from 5 - 8 p.m. we have $6 grilled 7 ounce angus burger with your choice of cheese, topped with lettuce, tomato, and onion with a side of french fries. Beverages are sold separately. Sweet potato fries are 75 cents extra. For more information, call 677-6038.
· Experience our tasty wings and watch sports or spend time with your family and friends during our Yueng & Wing Night! Every Wednesday night from 5 - 8 p.m. we have 50 cent wings and $2.50 draft Yuengling*. For more information, call 677-6038. *No federal endorsement intended.
· Kids Eat Free, Saturdays: Kids up to twelve years old eat free every Saturday from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Mulligans Sports Bar & Grill with the purchase of a regular adult meal. For more information, call 677-6038.
· Club Members Free Breakfast, April 17, 6:30 - 8 a.m.: Experience our FREE Members Breakfast on April 17 from 6:30 to 8 a.m., located at The Landings. Breakfast will feature scrambled eggs, cheese omelets, hash browns, bacon, gravy, biscuits, toast, orange juice, and coffee. Menu may vary. Spouse or guest $6 each. FSS rewards card must be presented. For more information, call 677-6024.
· Easter Brunch, April 20, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.: Join us at The Landings for our Easter Brunch on April 20. Seating times are at 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and 1 p.m. Cost is $12.95 for members, $15.95 for non-members, half-price for children ages 6 - 12 years old, and children that are ages 5 and under are free. Club members and spouses receive discount, guests pay non-member price. The menu includes: omelette and waffle bar, cold salads bar, pork loin, baked chicken, mashed potatoes, rice, macaroni and cheese, and vegetables. Baked ham is available at our carving station and dessert bar. The first Mimosa is included in the member price. Menu is subject to change. Harp music will be provided by Mike Nielson. Sponsored in part by: Boeing* and First Class Properties*. *No federal endorsement of sponsors intended. We do recommend that reservations are made. Please call 677-6024 for more information and to make reservations.
· 2014 Air Force Club Membership Scholarship Program runs now through May 15. This year, $25,000 will be awarded to 25 club members or their families attending or accepted to attend a college or university ($1,000 to each person. To apply, applicants must be enrolled or have been accepted, full time or part time in an undergraduate or graduate program of studies leading to an Associates, Bachelors or Master's Degree at an accredited college or university for the fall of 2014. An essay of 500 words or less embracing the theme "Who, what, when, where and why" of how you would add new life into an MWR program to increase and continue its success? (select one program to write about), must be submitted online only by May 15, 2014. To access the entry form & more information, go to: http://www.myairforcelife.com/Clubs.
· The Landings Catering Office: Hours for the Catering Office: Monday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. & Tuesday 1 - 5 p.m. They are located in building 476, room 104. Parties, meetings, weddings, conferences, graduations and more can be booked through the Catering Office. For more information, call 677-6024.
· The Family Child Care Office has moved to the Youth Center, building 864. The new phone number is 677-6115. Customer service hours remain 0800-1700, Monday thru Friday. Please contact Ms. Beverly Henderson at 677-6115 if there are any questions.
· The Family Child Care homes offer: Full time and part time child care with flexible hours in a safe, nurturing, home style setting. All providers are licensed and trained by the Air Force and the state of Delaware. For more information call, Beverly Henderson at 677-6115.
· Dover Air Force Base is looking for spouses of active duty or retired military to become licensed and affiliated as Air Force Family Child Care providers. If interested in operating a Family Child Care business in a home on or off base housing, call Beverly Henderson at 302-677-6115.
· Looking for child care with flexible hours in a home setting? Consider Family Child Care to meet your child care needs. Our Family Child Care homes offer: Full time and part time child care with flexible hours in a safe, nurturing, home style setting. All providers are licensed and trained by the Air Force and the state of Delaware. For more information please call, Beverly Henderson at 677-6115.
· Family Child Care offers military families: Pre-Deployment Child Care 16 hours of free child care is available30 days prior to deployment. Also, Deployment Child Care 16 hours of free child care is available to family members during deployments of 30 days of longer. For more information, call Beverly Henderson at 302-677-6115.
· Youth Soccer Coaches Wanted: If you are interested in coaching youth soccer please call us at 677-6376.
· Music Instructors Wanted: If you are interested in teaching youth music classes, please call us at 677-6376.
Eagle Lanes Bowling Center
· Easter 9 Pin Tournament, April 12, 12 p.m.: Grab your friends and join us for our Easter 9 Pin Tournament! Check in is at 12 p.m. and practice begins at 12:50 p.m. You can have a 4 person mix or match team and will bowl 4 games. Handicap is based on 90% of 220 with no cap. Cost is $20 per person or $80 per team of 4. Call 677-3950 for more information.
· Easter Break Bowling Special, April 21 - 26, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.: Join us for our Easter Break Special running April 21 - 26 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. It's $1 a game and $1 for shoes for children 17 and under. Call 677-3950 for more information.
· Thursday Night League, Thursdays, March 13 - May 23: This is a 9 week League with the 10th week being "Sweeper and Payout". League starts Thursday, March 13 and ends May 23. Practice starts at 5:50 p.m. League starts at 6 p.m. 4 person mix or match $10.00 per person. For more information, call 677-3950.
· Cosmic Bowling, Fridays and Saturdays, 6 - 11 p.m.: Cosmic Bowling is now on Fridays and Saturdays from 6 - 11 p.m. Unlimited bowling for just $15. Price includes shoe rental. PLAYpass eligible. Call 677-3950 for more information.
· Tuesday Night Special, Tuesdays, 4 p.m.: Join us at Eagle Lanes Bowling Center for our Burgers & Bowling Special every Tuesday starting at 4 p.m. All for $12, the special includes 3 games of bowling, shoe rental, and a grilled 6 oz. burger on a toasted kaiser roll with your choice of cheese and topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayonnaise. Served with french fries, beverage not included. Additional toppings and other fries are available for an additional charge. Call 677-3950 for more information.
· Get Ready For Fall Leagues at Eagle Lanes Bowling Center - Starting in September. Look for the following league sign-up sheets! Saturday Youth League, Wednesday Intramurals League, Flying Miss League and Friday Night Mixed League . For more information, call the Eagle Lanes Bowling Center at 677-3950.
Airmen & Family Readiness Center
· Daily Lunch & Bowl, Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.: Join us for the Daily Lunch & Bowl Monday through Friday! For $6.50 you get 1 game of bowling (shoes included), a grilled cheese sandwich, a bag of chips, and a fountain beverage. For more information, call 677-3950.
King Pin Café
· Join us for our Pizza & Bowling every Friday at 5 p.m.! For $40.00 you get 2 hrs of lane rental (shoes included), 1 pizza and 1 pitcher of soda. For more information, call 677-3950.
· Call In Your Food Order: You may now call in your food orders to King Pin Café by phone, even during lunch hours! Call 677-5323/3950 to place your order or for more information and one of our friendly staff members will assist you.
· Social Hour, 5 - 7 p.m.: Come join us from 5 - 7 p.m. for Social Hour! Call 677-5323 for more information.
· FREE* Private Pilot Ground School, April 2 - June 4, 6:30 - 9:30 p.m. Dream of flying? Course is $200 plus materials and testing fees. Money is credited back when student starts flying lessons. Participants must be at least 16 years old and have base access. Club membership is not required. Class meets one night per week. Sign up now because class size is limited! For more information, call 677-6365.
· USO volunteer recruitment - Volunteers are desperately needed to serve at the USO on Dover Air Force Base. The Dover Air Force Base team is noted for their devotion to serve and support humanitarian agencies like the USO. We want to attract motivated, talented, enthusiastic people who want to make a difference to our mission here at DAFB. If you are looking for a challenge and willing to make a difference in lifting up the spirits in other people's lives this is a calling for you! In fact, one of the greatest strengths of humanity is doing something for another person, without expecting any reward.....Please answer this call! Contact: Bruce Kmiec at: 302 677-2491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanking you in advance for your willingness to place service before self in the devotion of time, effort, energy and creative talents to help others.
· 2014 Air Force Hoops Program - Starting March 1 at select FSS Facilities. You have a chance to win up to $5,000 cash! There will be incredible drawings! One or four VIP Tournament Packages including Championship game and semifinals tickets, airfare and hotel. To enter, participants can either: 1) pick up a scratch-off game piece at participating FSS activities, one scratch-off game piece per visit, while supplies last, or 2) scan the Quick Response (QR) code on a promotional counter card displayed at select installation FSS facilities. No purchase necessary. Scratch-off game pieces contain either an instant win prize or a code which unlocks a random seed for the 2014 Division I Men's Basketball Tournament. Example: Midwest Seed #8. Scanning a QR code on the counter card will only return a code to unlock a random seed for the tournament. To play the code, participants must register (personal or official email address and the name of Air Force installation that they are assigned) at: www.MyAirForceLife.com/AirForceHoops website. Registration requires a participant email address and name of Air Force installation. Winners will be notified on 31 March, 2014 at 10 a.m. Central Daylight Savings Time by email, and will have 24 hours to accept their prize package.
· Wilmington University's Summer 2014 registration is in progress for classes beginning May 12, 2014. Classes can be taken on DAFB or at any Wilmington University location. Wilmington University courses can be used to fulfill CCAF requirements, Wilmington University requirements, or transfers to other institutions. If getting to class is difficult for you, try our HYBRID or ONLINE courses. Don't forget to call regarding special military and dependent tuition rates! For more information call (302)674-8726 or stop by Building 261, Room 301.
· This is Southern IL University: Now is the time to think about warmer temperatures and summer classes. SIUC on base is accepting summer applications now for admission and registration for Summer 2014 courses. If you are interested in Lean, Six Sigma or Project Management, this may be the degree for you. The BS in Industrial Technology is also online, for those needing flexibility in obtaining a degree. For more information on this degree or other programs, contact the SIU office at (302)734-7829, DoverAFB@siu.edu. We are located in Bldg. 261, Room 304.
· CCAF CLASSES * ON BASE * CONDENSED * EXCELLENT INSTRUCTION*: Offered by Wesley College. Summer classes begin May 1. Offering face to face and online. Register NOW in Bldg. 261. Questions? Call the Wesley office @ 302-736-2372.