Community notes may be submitted to the Public Affairs office at Dover.Airlifter@dover.af.mil
Please use the following format:
(EVENT) will be held at (TIME) on (DATE) at/in (PLACE). For more information, call 677-(EXTENSION).
NOTE: Organizational e-mails may be used as contact information, but not personal e-mail addresses.
9:15 a.m. Protestant Contemporary service at the Chapel Center, building 417
Evangelical service 11 a.m. Sunday at the Chapel Center, building 417
5 p.m. Saturday Mass at the Chapel Center, building 417
9 a.m. Sunday Mass at Chapel 2, building 2998
10:15 a.m. Children's Religious Education at Chapel 2, building 2998
Reconciliation 11 a.m. Sunday at the Chapel Center, building 417
11:30 a.m. Sunday Mass at Chapel 2, building 2998
11:30 a.m. Tuesday - Friday Daily Mass at Chapel Center, building 417
*For more information contact the Chapel Center at 677-3932.
· Vacation Bible School. July 28 to August 1, 5:15 to 8:00 P.M. at Chapel 2. Ages 3 through 12. Voluntters are needed! POC: Janet Claycomb at 302-677-3932.
Judge Advocate Office
· Beginning 1 Aug 14, the customer service hours for powers of attorney and
notaries at the base legal office will be as follows:
· Individual legal assistance will be provided by appointment only during those same times, and Wednesdays will be dedicated to Wills. To schedule an appointment, please call 677-3300 during customer service hours, or leave a message and someone will return your call within 24 hours (except for weekends, family days, and holidays).
Combat Arms, Training and Maintenance
· Combat Arms is hosting the Second Annual Air Force Elementary Excellence-In-Competition (EIC) Match for the M-16A2 Rifle on Friday, August 8th from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the EIC event; you will be e-mailed a time for the relay that you will be assigned. Relays will fill up fast, so please do not hesitate. Weapons and ammunition will be provided for this event. All competitors must meet the criteria below.
Eligibility of Competitors: Any Military member in the Armed Forces.
a. US Air Force personnel may compete in up to four rifle and pistol Elementary EIC matches a year until they earn the elementary level EIC badge.
b. Members may only shoot once during an EIC match.
c. Competing personnel must dress in serviceable Airman Battle Uniform (ABU) IAW AFI 36-2903, Dress and Personal Appearance of Air Force Personnel.
d. Competitors must produce valid military identification to verify identity before the pre-fire briefing begins.
Diabetes or Asthma?
· Do you have Diabetes or Asthma? Group sessions are available to help understand and manage your condition. Call the MTF appointment line 730-4633 to schedule a session with a provider and a disease management nurse. Classes offered monthly.
Annual Trespass Notice
· The 436th Security Forces Squadron firing range complex, located at the south end of base, is off limits to all unauthorized personnel. Trespassing is illegal and dangerous due to scheduled and unscheduled weapons firing. If a valid entry is required, contact Security Forces Combat Arms Section by reporting to the main office in building 1403. For more information, call 677-6309 or 677-6310.
· Did you know? The Logistics Readiness Squadron is the Wing's focal point for returning/disposing all consumables ERRCD (XB3/NF1) items. IAW AFMAN23-122
paragraph 220.127.116.11.3, Customers will collect, retain, and return to the LRS/Materiel Management Activity all consumable items, serviceable or unserviceable having potential use or resale value. The LRS/Materiel Management Activity will reissue and redistribute these for repair and reuse, or transfer to DLADS as scrap. The LRS personnel will pick up all consumable turn-ins (Monday-Friday) from each Maintenance backshop. The returning activity will prepare and sign DD Form 1574 to accompany each item. Please call MSgt Williams at 677-5004 for more information.
Eagle Heights Housing
· Eagle Heights has housing availability open to Active Duty Military, Unaccompanied Airman (roommates included), Guard and Reserve, Federal Civil Service Employees, Retired Military and Retired Federal Service. For more information, call (302) 678-3603.
Arts & Crafts Center
· Framing & Matting, August 7, 2 p.m.: The perfect class for the do-it-yourself framer. Learn mat cutting, picture frame assembly, how to select mat colors, and choose moulding to accent and enhance artwork of all types. Class tuition includes supplies to create a framed project in class. Please bring a 4x6 photo to frame. Cost: $30. Registration is required. Call 677-3242 for more information.
· Canvas Painting, August 7, 6 - 8 p.m.: Come join a one of a kind entertainment experience that unlocks the emerging artist in you. Invite some friends to join you in a fun evening. With an all-inclusive step-by-step acrylic painting party, a blank canvas at your fingertips, get ready to paint your own masterpiece. You leave with a 16" x 20" completed acrylic painted canvas masterpiece that you have created! Cost: $35. Registration is required. Call 677-3242 for more information.
· Graduation 2014 Framing Special, through August 2014: Commemorate your achievement! Come into the Frame Shop and build your own custom frame design for your diploma with various molding options, up to a double mat design, and expert design consultation. Cost is $99.99 for up to a 16"x20" frame size. For more information, call 677-3241.
· Open studio, Thursday evenings, Arts & Crafts Center, 6 - 8 p.m.: Come in and paint, work on stained glass, use the pottery studio or self-frame in the studios. All supplies and payments must be purchased prior to close of regular business hours - as retail/frame shops will be closed. The cost is $5 per evening. Registration is required for open studio. For more information, call 677-3246/3242.
· Mosaic Mirrors, 4 week class beginning August 7, 6 - 8 p.m.: Design your own mosaic mirror with a variety of glass pieces and designs. Cost: $80, includes supplies. Registration is required. Call 677-3242 for more information.
Eagle Creek Golf Course
· New Hours at Eagle Creek Golf Course Eagle Creek Golf Course new hours of operation! Hours are as follows:
Sunday - Saturday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
For more information, call 677-2988.
· The 3rd Annual "Dover Diamond Open" Golf Tournament. August 1, 2014 at Eagle Creek Golf Course. Conact any Dover AFB First Sergeant for more information.
· Ladies Night on Thursdays after 4 p.m. Calling all ladies! Come golf with us on Thursdays after 4 p.m. Ladies play 9 holes of golf with cart for $15 per person. For more information call 677-2988.
· Wingman Wednesday: The second Wednesday of the month, bring your wingman for a round of golf and they play for free. Must use cart at regular car rental fees. First golfer must pay daily greens fee.
· Club Member Special: Club Card Members play 18-holes after 1 p.m. on Saturdays for $20, includes cart.
· TDY Special: TDY personnel with orders play 18-holes after 4 p.m. for $10, includes cart. Must present TDY orders.
· Twilight Rates: Daily after 4 p.m.
Now - August 24 from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
August 25 - 28 from 3 - 7 p.m.
August 29 - September 1 from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
For more information, call 677-3959. · Dive in Movie Night, Oasis Pool, June 27, 7 - 10 p.m. Love to swim? Enjoy going out to a movie? Why not experience both at our own Oasis Pool? Join us for an evening of fun and entertainment to watch a movie from the water, deck chair, grass or anywhere else you choose. The movie will be projected on our 7' x 12' outdoor screen, complete with Blu-Ray projection and audio system. Cost is $2 per person, includes family-oriented movie and pool usage. Sponsored in part by: Ability One*, First Class Properties*, and Chick-fil-A* at Camden. *No federal endorsement of sponsors intended. Registration deadline is June 24. For more information please call 677-3959.
· Surf Fishing at Delaware Seashores State Park, August 9, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.: Join the Adventure Quest team as we cast our lines for the catch of the day. Surf Fishing is a very low tech method of fishing directly off of the beach. ODR will once again partnered with the Old Inlet Bait and Tackle Shop* to provide expert guide service for those breaking into this fun-filled sport. Anglers will cast their lines out over the breaking waves for a chance to catch a multitude of different species from flounder and bluefish to stingrays and sharks. A cooler will be provided for personal food and drinks. Be sure to bring sunscreen and a hat. This is a family friendly trip so load up the kids and join us for a day of fun in the sun. We will depart from Outdoor Recreation at 8 a.m. and return at 2 p.m. Cost is $38 per person, includes transportation, bait, equipment, and professional guide service. Registration deadline is August 6. For more information, call 677-3959.
· RecOn White Water Rafting at Gauly River, West Virginia, August 15 - 16: This pure excitement like you've never experienced it as you get a feeling for life on the river! We'll leave at 4 a.m. on Friday morning, travel to Gauley River and be on the river by noon. The first day on the river includes wonderful scenery and gentle rapids on the Upper New River. Complimentary kayaks or duckies as well as a rafts are provided for your enjoyment. After enjoying a leisurely day on the river we'll then pull in to make camp right on the riverbank. Our guides show off their culinary skills treating you to a fireside dinner. Watch the sunset, go for a hike or relax around the fire and forget about the real world for a while. Day two starts with a leisurely breakfast and then back to the water for more excitement of the Lower New River: big rapids class III to V, excellent scenery, deli lunch, jump rock, surfing, tons of fun, wet and wild! We'll then change clothes, climb back in the van and return to Dover AFB by 10pm. You want an adrenaline rush? Join us for this trip, it's one trip you'll never forget! Departs DAFB on August 15 at 4 a.m. and returns August 16 at 10 p.m. This is a FREE trip brought to you by RecOn. Includes transportation, camping and all fees. Registration deadline is August 8. For more information, call 677-3959.
Information Tickets & Travel
· New York City On Your Own, August 16, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.: The lure of the Big Apple attracts millions of people each year - and has something to offer during each season of the year. We will transport you to the heart of the city where you'll be within walking distance of some of the finest shopping, dining and entertainment in the world. Reserve your seat today. Cost is $40, includes transportation. Departs from DAFB at 7 a.m. and departs New York City at 9 p.m. Registration deadline is August 14. Sponsored in part by: ERA Harrington Realty*. *No federal endorsement of sponsor intended. For more information, call 677-6772.
· Enjoy spring savings on all Carmike* movie tickets for $7.50. Tickets are good for any movie from the first day on except for special events (concert movies, 3D, etc.) Tickets are available from ITT or ODR, Mon - Fri, from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. For more information, call Dover AFB Information, Tickets, & Travel (ITT) 677-6772. *No federal endorsement intended.
Mulligans Sports Bar & Grill
· Mulligans Sports Bar & Grill new hours of operation! Hours are as follows:
Sunday, Monday & Tuesday, 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
For more information, call 677-6038.
· Experience our delicious burgers and watch sports or spend time with your family and friends during our $6 Burger Night! Every Thursday night from 5 - 8 p.m. we have $6 grilled 7 ounce angus burger with your choice of cheese, topped with lettuce, tomato, and onion with a side of french fries. Beverages are sold separately. Sweet potato fries are 75 cents extra. For more information, call 677-6038.
· Experience our tasty wings and watch sports or spend time with your family and friends during our Yueng & Wing Night! Every Wednesday night from 5 - 8 p.m. we have 50 cent wings and $2.50 draft Yuengling*. For more information, call 677-6038. *No federal endorsement intended.
· Kids Eat Free, Saturdays: Kids up to twelve years old eat free every Saturday from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Mulligans Sports Bar & Grill with the purchase of a regular adult meal. For more information, call 677-6038.
· The Landings Catering Office: Hours for the Catering Office: Monday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. & Tuesday 1 - 5 p.m. They are located in building 476, room 104. Parties, meetings, weddings, conferences, graduations and more can be booked through the Catering Office. For more information, call 677-6024.
· Are You Ready To Book Your Holiday Party? Book your holiday party at The Landings prior to October 1 and receive a 10% discount. Your choice of buffet style or served meal. Members receive a 10% discount plus the additional 10% for early booking. Dates open through December 20. Call 677-6024 for more information and to book your holiday party.
Family Child Care
· The Family Child Care Office has moved to the Youth Center, building 864. The new phone number is 677-6115. Customer service hours remain 0800-1700, Monday thru Friday. Please contact Ms. Beverly Henderson at 677-6115 if there are any questions.
· Dover Air Force Base is looking for spouses of active duty or retired military to become licensed and affiliated as Air Force Family Child Care providers. If interested in operating a Family Child Care business in a home on or off base housing, call Beverly Henderson at 302-677-6115.
· Looking for child care with flexible hours in a home setting? Consider Family Child Care to meet your child care needs. Our Family Child Care homes offer: Full time and part time child care with flexible hours in a safe, nurturing, home style setting. All providers are licensed and trained by the Air Force and the state of Delaware. For more information please call, Beverly Henderson at 677-6115.
· Family Child Care offers military families Pre-Deployment Child Care 16 hours of free child care is available30 days prior to deployment. Also, Deployment Child Care 16 hours of free child care is available to family members during deployments of 30 days of longer. For more information, call Beverly Henderson at 302-677-6115.
· Youth Sideline Sports, July 28 - August 1: Sports include Ultimate Frisbee, Badminton, Handball, Fencing, and Lacrosse. We will have two sessions each day. Child is required to be at the Youth Center all week. Youth of deployed parents have first priority. This is a FREE program. For more information, call 677-6376.
· Missoula Children's Theatre*, Tryouts on August 4 at 9 a.m., Performance on August 8 at 6 p.m.: Join us at the Youth Center on August 8 as Missoula Children's Theatre* and the Youth Center present Blackbeard the Pirate! Tryouts will be held on August 4 at 9 a.m. and is open to children ages 5 - 16 years old. The final performance will be held August 8 at 6 p.m. *No federal endorsement intended. For more information, call 677-6376
· Youth Soccer Coaches Wanted: If you are interested in coaching youth soccer please call us at 677-6376.
· Music Instructors Wanted: If you are interested in teaching youth music classes, please call us at 677-6376. We are especially in need of a piano instructor.
· Youth Programs Summer Dance Camp, July 7 - August 21. Ages 3 - 14 years old. Dance choices are: Ballet/Tap Combination and Mini Hip Hop/Cheer Combination. Please contact the Youth Center for more information at 677-6376.
Eagle Lanes Bowling Center
New Hours at Eagle Lanes Bowling Center
Eagle Lanes Bowling Center new hours of operation! Hours are as follows:
Sunday & Monday, Closed
Tuesday - Thursday, 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
For more information, call 677-3950.
Quarter Mania Day, Every Thursday from 10 a.m. - 10 p.m./starting June 12
Bowling: $ 5 per person, .50 ¢ each additional game. (includes 2 games of bowling and shoes)
Cafe: Hot Dog (plain) $ 1.50
Basket of Tator Tots $ 1.25
Slice of Pizza $ 1.50
Chips & Cheese $ 1.50
Pitcher of Soda (no refill) $ 3.00
Pitcher of Yuengling* $ 8.00
Cup of Yuengling* $ 2.50
No federal endorsement intended. For more information, call 677-3950. · Cosmic Bowling, Fridays and Saturdays, 6 - 11 p.m.: Cosmic Bowling is now on Fridays and Saturdays from 6 - 11 p.m. Unlimited bowling for just $15. Price includes shoe rental. PLAYpass eligible. Call 677-3950 for more information.
· Penny A Pin, Tuesdays starting at 10 a.m.: Pay for what you knock down! If you knock down 75 pins, you pay 75 cents. If you shoot a 200, that game is free! Regular price for shoes. Call 677-3950 for more information.
· Tuesday Night Special, Tuesdays, 4 p.m.: Join us at Eagle Lanes Bowling Center for our Burgers & Bowling Special every Tuesday starting at 4 p.m. All for $12, the special includes 3 games of bowling, shoe rental, and a grilled 6 oz. burger on a toasted kaiser roll with your choice of cheese and topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayonnaise. Served with french fries, beverage not included. Additional toppings and other fries are available for an additional charge. Call 677-3950 for more information.
· Get Ready For Fall Leagues at Eagle Lanes Bowling Center - Starting in September. Look for the following league sign-up sheets! Saturday Youth League, Wednesday Intramurals League, Flying Miss League and Friday Night Mixed League . For more information, call the Eagle Lanes Bowling Center at 677-3950.
Airmen & Family Readiness Center
· Daily Lunch & Bowl, Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.: Join us for the Daily Lunch & Bowl Monday through Friday! For $6.50 you get 1 game of bowling (shoes included), a grilled cheese sandwich, a bag of chips, and a fountain beverage. For more information, call 677-3950.
King Pin Café
· New Hours at King Pin Cafe are as follows:
Monday, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Tuesday - Thursday, 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
For more information, call 677-5323.
· Join us for our Pizza & Bowling every Friday at 5 p.m.! For $40.00 you get 2 hrs of lane rental (shoes included), 1 pizza and 1 pitcher of soda. For more information, call 677-3950.
· Call In Your Food Order: You may now call in your food orders to King Pin Café by phone, even during lunch hours! Call 677-5323/3950 to place your order or for more information and one of our friendly staff members will assist you.
· Social Hour, 5 - 7 p.m.: Come join us from 5 - 7 p.m. for Social Hour! Call 677-5323 for more information.
· The 436th Airlift Wing Retiree Day will be held on Saturday October 4, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., at the Landings Club on Dover AFB. For more information contact the Base Retiree Office at 302-677-4612 or email at email@example.com.
· Dover AFB Case Lot Sale. Your Dover AFB Commissary will be having a Case Lot Sale on the following days:
August 15th 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
August 16th 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
August 17th 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Listing of items available will be in the front of the store. While supplies last.
· Effective August 1, 2014, the Commercial Gate (South Gate) outbound/exit lane will operate with new hours. The gate will be open for all traffic from 5:00AM to 7:30PM daily and will be closed from 7:30PM to 5:00AM daily. During open hours, all commercial vehicles must use this gate to depart from the base, and anyone operating a personal vehicle may also use this gate. During closed hours, all traffic must depart the base through the main gate; directional signs will be posted and commercial vehicles will use the far right lane only for departure. Please contact Security Forces at 677-2115 if you have any questions regarding the new gate hours.
· Planning for your Household Goods Pick up. The summer PCS season is upon us, being the busiest moving time of the year. Military members must be prepared. The first step to a smooth move is to come into our office as soon as you receive your orders; it is never too soon to start your move. The Joint Personal Property Shipping Office Northeast (JPPSO-NE) requires at least three to four weeks' notice in order to process your requested dates. They also need alternate dates if your primary dates are unavailable. Please give yourself a few days leeway in case of unforeseen circumstances. Starting early and being prepared is the best way to make your move as comfortable as possible.
· Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of meeting locations. Headquartered in Rancho Santa Margarita, California, the organization has more than 292,000 memberships in more than 14,350 clubs in 122 countries. Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people of all backgrounds become more confident in front of an audience. Dover Free Speakers is A Toastmasters Club looking for individuals interested in improving their confidence as a leader and as a public speaker. We meet the first and third Tuesdays of each month at 5:30pm. A Toastmasters meeting is a learn-by-doing workshop in which participants hone their speaking and leadership skills in a no-pressure atmosphere. Please visit http://freespeakers.toastmastersclubs.org/ for calendar of events and location/directions.
· Wesley College (on base) fall semester starts August 25th. Register in building 261. Call the Wesley office at (302) 736-2372 for any questions.
· Southern Illinois University on base is accepting applications for admission and registration for Fall 2014 courses. If you are interested in Lean, Six Sigma or Project Management, this may be the degree for you. The BS in Industrial Technology is also online, for those needing flexibility in obtaining a degree. For more information on this degree or other programs, contact the SIU office at (302)734-7829, DoverAFB@siu.edu We are located in Bldg. 261, Room 304. Military students can take advantage of our Military Scholarship. Visit the SIU Extended Campus webpage for additional information. http://extendedcampus.siu.edu/
· USO volunteer recruitment - Volunteers are desperately needed to serve at the USO on Dover Air Force Base. The Dover Air Force Base team is noted for their devotion to serve and support humanitarian agencies like the USO. We want to attract motivated, talented, enthusiastic people who want to make a difference to our mission here at DAFB. If you are looking for a challenge and willing to make a difference in lifting up the spirits in other people's lives this is a calling for you! In fact, one of the greatest strengths of humanity is doing something for another person, without expecting any reward.....Please answer this call! Contact: Bruce Kmiec at: 302 677-2491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanking you in advance for your willingness to place service before self in the devotion of time, effort, energy and creative talents to help others.