Community notes may be submitted to the Public Affairs office at Dover.Airlifter@dover.af.mil
Please use the following format:
(EVENT) will be held at (TIME) on (DATE) at/in (PLACE). For more information, call 677-(EXTENSION).
NOTE: Organizational e-mails may be used as contact information, but not personal e-mail addresses.
9:15 a.m. Protestant Contemporary service at the Chapel Center, building 417
Evangelical service 11 a.m. Sunday at the Chapel Center, building 417
5 p.m. Saturday Mass at the Chapel Center, building 417
9 a.m. Sunday Mass at Chapel 2, building 2998
10:15 a.m. Children's Religious Education at Chapel 2, building 2998
Reconciliation 11 a.m. Sunday at the Chapel Center, building 417
11:30 a.m. Sunday Mass at Chapel 2, building 2998
11:30 a.m. Tuesday - Friday Daily Mass at Chapel Center, building 417
*For more information contact the Chapel Center at 677-3932.
Judge Advocate Office
· Beginning 1 Aug 14, the customer service hours for powers of attorney and
notaries at the base legal office will be as follows:
· Individual legal assistance will be provided by appointment only during those same times, and Wednesdays will be dedicated to Wills. To schedule an appointment, please call 677-3300 during customer service hours, or leave a message and someone will return your call within 24 hours (except for weekends, family days, and holidays).
Diabetes or Asthma?
· Do you have Diabetes or Asthma? Group sessions are available to help understand and manage your condition. Call the MTF appointment line 730-4633 to schedule a session with a provider and a disease management nurse. Classes offered monthly.
Annual Trespass Notice
· The 436th Security Forces Squadron firing range complex, located at the south end of base, is off limits to all unauthorized personnel. Trespassing is illegal and dangerous due to scheduled and unscheduled weapons firing. If a valid entry is required, contact Security Forces Combat Arms Section by reporting to the main office in building 1403. For more information, call 677-6309 or 677-6310.
· Did you know? The Logistics Readiness Squadron is the Wing's focal point for returning/disposing all consumables ERRCD (XB3/NF1) items. IAW AFMAN23-122
paragraph 220.127.116.11.3, Customers will collect, retain, and return to the LRS/Materiel Management Activity all consumable items, serviceable or unserviceable having potential use or resale value. The LRS/Materiel Management Activity will reissue and redistribute these for repair and reuse, or transfer to DLADS as scrap. The LRS personnel will pick up all consumable turn-ins (Monday-Friday) from each Maintenance backshop. The returning activity will prepare and sign DD Form 1574 to accompany each item. Please call MSgt Williams at 677-5004 for more information.
Eagle Heights Housing
· Eagle Heights has housing availability open to Active Duty Military, Unaccompanied Airman (roommates included), Guard and Reserve, Federal Civil Service Employees, Retired Military and Retired Federal Service. For more information, call (302) 678-3603.
Arts & Crafts Center
· Open studio, Thursday evenings, Arts & Crafts Center, 6 - 8 p.m.: Come in and paint, work on stained glass, use the pottery studio or self-frame in the studios. All supplies and payments must be purchased prior to close of regular business hours - as retail/frame shops will be closed. The cost is $5 per evening. Registration is required for open studio. For more information, call 677-3246/3242.
· Dover AFB Car, Truck & Bike Show, September 13, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.: Join us at the AMC Air Museum for our 2014 Dover AFB Car, Truck & Bike Show! This event is open to the public! Participants need to be registered by August 29. Car Clubs are welcome! Classes include antique, classic, muscle, domestic, and imports. Additional Awards: Best of Show, Sponsor's Choice, People's Choice & Best Club Participation. Trophies and prizes will be awarded at 2 p.m. $5 registration fee per vehicle, $3 for Car Clubs of 5 or more. Sponsored in part by: Harrington ERA Real Estate* and Bouncer Boys*. *No federal endorsement of sponsors intended. Pre-register by August 29 and receive a commemorative dash plaque! Download your application at: www.doverafb436fss.com or call (302) 677-3242.
Eagle Creek Golf Course
· Breakfast Tournament, September 13, 7 a.m.: Join us for our Breakfast Tournament on September 13 at the Eagle Creek Golf Course. 7 a.m. shotgun start. Format is scramble - ABCD (computer pick), four player teams, 90% handicap, must play from white tees. Player of the Year points awarded. Must have a U.S.G.A. handicap. Cost is $35 green fees holders, $50 non green fees holders. Fee includes green fese, cart and prizes. Free breakfast for all Eagle Creek Golf Course Annual Green Fees members. Sign up in our Pro Shop by 5 p.m. on September 11. For more information, call 677-2988.
· Nine & Dine, Wednesday - Friday: 4:30 - 8 p.m., Saturday: 2 - 6 p.m.: Join us for our Nine & Dine, held Wednesday through Friday from 4:30 - 8 p.m. and on Saturday from 2 - 6 p.m. Cost is $20 for E1 - E4 and $25 for all others. Fee includes nine holes of golf with cart and choice of Philly steak & cheese with french fries, Chicken tender basket, Buffalo chicken sandwich, Pulled pork sandwich, or Caesar salad. Drink not included. No discounts or coupons can be combined with this program. For more information, call 677-2988.
· New Hours at Eagle Creek Golf Course Eagle Creek Golf Course new hours of operation! Hours are as follows:
Sunday - Saturday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
For more information, call 677-2988.
· Ladies Night: Thursdays after 4 p.m., ladies play 9-holes of golf with a cart for $15 per person Wingman Wednesday: The second Wednesday of the month, bring your wingman for a round of golf and they play for free. Must use cart at regular car rental fees. First golfer must pay daily greens fee Club Member Special: Club Card members play 18-holes after 1 p.m. on Saturdays for $20, includes cart TDY Special: TDY personnel with orders play 18-holes after 4 p.m. for $10, includes cart. Must present TDY orders. Twilight Rates: Daily after 4 p.m. For more information, call 677-2988.
· Wingman Wednesday: The second Wednesday of the month, bring your wingman for a round of golf and they play for free. Must use cart at regular car rental fees. First golfer must pay daily greens fee.
· Club Member Special: Club Card Members play 18-holes after 1 p.m. on Saturdays for $20, includes cart.
· TDY Special: TDY personnel with orders play 18-holes after 4 p.m. for $10, includes cart. Must present TDY orders.
· Twilight Rates: Daily after 4 p.m.
Information Tickets & Travel
· San Gennaro Festival in New York City, September 20, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.: The 88th Annual Feast of San Gennaro, New York City's longest-running, biggest and most revered religious outdoor festival in the United States, will be held on the streets of historic Little Italy, the lower Manhattan neighborhood which served as the first home in America for hundreds of thousands of Italian immigrants who came here seeking to improve their lives beginning in the early part of the 20th century. The Feast of San Gennaro is known the world over for its festive atmosphere, an 11-day event featuring religious processions and colorful parades, free musical entertainment every day, a wide variety of ethnic food delicacies, charming restaurants and cafes and even a world-famous cannoli-eating competition! We get you there and you'll be on your own to absorb the Italian sights, sounds, food and beverages. We will depart Dover AFB at 7 a.m. and depart NYC at 9 p.m. Cost is $40 per person, includes transportation. Registration deadline is September 18. For more information, call 677-6772.
· Enjoy spring savings on all Carmike* movie tickets for $7.50. Tickets are good for any movie from the first day on except for special events (concert movies, 3D, etc.) Tickets are available from ITT or ODR, Mon - Fri, from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. For more information, call Dover AFB Information, Tickets, & Travel (ITT) 677-6772. *No federal endorsement intended.
Mulligans Sports Bar & Grill
· Mulligans Sports Bar & Grill new hours of operation! Hours are as follows:
Sunday, Monday & Tuesday, 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
For more information, call 677-6038.
· Race Weekend Social, September 26, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.: FREE Admission! Join the fun at Mulligans Sports Bar & Grill during this exciting event featuring: Driver appearances with autograph signing session, games, door prizes, race car simulator, and live music! Watch for driver appearance announcements and come collect their autographs! FREE Grotto Pizza (while supplies last). Sponsored in part by: Grotto Pizza*, Chick-fil-A* at Camden, Chick-fil-A* at North Dover, Nothing Better Mini Donuts*, ERA Herrington Realty*, MidAtlantic Farm Credit*, Bouncer Boys*, Boeing*, First Class Properties*, Ability One*, USAA*, Mary Kay*, Valvoline*, First Command*.. *No federal endorsement of sponsors intended. For more information, call 677-6997.
· Experience our delicious burgers and watch sports or spend time with your family and friends during our $6 Burger Night! Every Thursday night from 5 - 8 p.m. we have $6 grilled 7 ounce angus burger with your choice of cheese, topped with lettuce, tomato, and onion with a side of french fries. Beverages are sold separately. Sweet potato fries are 75 cents extra. For more information, call 677-6038.
· Experience our tasty wings and watch sports or spend time with your family and friends during our Yueng & Wing Night! Every Wednesday night from 5 - 8 p.m. we have 50 cent wings and $2.50 draft Yuengling*. For more information, call 677-6038. *No federal endorsement intended.
· Kids Eat Free, Saturdays: Kids up to twelve years old eat free every Saturday from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Mulligans Sports Bar & Grill with the purchase of a regular adult meal. For more information, call 677-6038.
· Club Members Free Breakfast, September 18, 6:30 - 8 a.m.: Experience our FREE Members Breakfast on September 18 from 6:30 to 8 a.m., located at The Landings. Breakfast will feature scrambled eggs, cheese omelets, hash browns, bacon, gravy, biscuits, toast, orange juice, and coffee. Menu may vary. Spouse or guest $6 each. FSS rewards card must be presented. For more information, call 677-6024.
· The Landings Catering Office: Hours for the Catering Office: Monday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. & Tuesday 1 - 5 p.m. They are located in building 476, room 104. Parties, meetings, weddings, conferences, graduations and more can be booked through the Catering Office. For more information, call 677-6024.
· Are You Ready To Book Your Holiday Party? Book your holiday party at The Landings prior to October 1 and receive a 10% discount. Your choice of buffet style or served meal. Members receive a 10% discount plus the additional 10% for early booking. Dates open through December 20. Call 677-6024 for more information and to book your holiday party.
Family Child Care
· The Family Child Care Office has moved to the Youth Center, building 864. The new phone number is 677-6115. Customer service hours remain 0800-1700, Monday thru Friday. Please contact Ms. Beverly Henderson at 677-6115 if there are any questions.
· Dover Air Force Base is looking for spouses of active duty or retired military to become licensed and affiliated as Air Force Family Child Care providers. If interested in operating a Family Child Care business in a home on or off base housing, call Beverly Henderson at 302-677-6115.
· Looking for child care with flexible hours in a home setting? Consider Family Child Care to meet your child care needs. Our Family Child Care homes offer: Full time and part time child care with flexible hours in a safe, nurturing, home style setting. All providers are licensed and trained by the Air Force and the state of Delaware. For more information please call, Beverly Henderson at 677-6115.
· Family Child Care offers military families Pre-Deployment Child Care 16 hours of free child care is available30 days prior to deployment. Also, Deployment Child Care 16 hours of free child care is available to family members during deployments of 30 days of longer. For more information, call Beverly Henderson at 302-677-6115.
· Family Fun Run, September 13, 8 a.m.: This 5K starts and finishes at the Hunt Community Center on the housing side of Dover Air Force Base. It is open to DoD ID card holders and their guests. Awards will be given to top 2 male and female finishers in 8 age groups. This is a free event geared towards active duty families. Strollers and dogs welcome! (Please bring necessary supplies to clean up after your dog)Sponsored in part by Wilmington University* and ERA Harrington Realty*. *No federal endorsement of sponsors intended. For more information, call 677-3962.
· Fall Doubles 3 Point Contest, September 19, 11 a.m.: This tournament will be held at the Fitness Center and is open to all squadrons on base. Each squadron is allowed one team to compete in the tournament. Awards will be given to first and second place teams. Registration deadline is September 17. For more information, call 677-3962.
· Air Force Smart Girls Lock-In, September 12, 9 p.m. - 6 a.m.: This is a free event for girls ages 9 - 16 years old. For more information, call 677 - 6376.
· Youth Soccer Coaches Wanted: If you are interested in coaching youth soccer please call us at 677-6376.
· Music Instructors Wanted: If you are interested in teaching youth music classes, please call us at 677-6376. We are especially in need of a piano instructor.
Eagle Lanes Bowling Center
New Hours at Eagle Lanes Bowling Center
Eagle Lanes Bowling Center new hours of operation! Hours are as follows:
Sunday & Monday, Closed
Tuesday - Thursday, 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
For more information, call 677-3950.
Quarter Mania Day, Every Thursday from 10 a.m. - 10 p.m./starting June 12
Bowling: $ 5 per person, .50 ¢ each additional game. (includes 2 games of bowling and shoes)
Cafe: Hot Dog (plain) $ 1.50
Basket of Tator Tots $ 1.25
Slice of Pizza $ 1.50
Chips & Cheese $ 1.50
Pitcher of Soda (no refill) $ 3.00
Pitcher of Yuengling* $ 8.00
Cup of Yuengling* $ 2.50
*No federal endorsement intended. For more information, call 677-3950.
· Cosmic Bowling, Fridays and Saturdays, 6 - 11 p.m.: Cosmic Bowling is now on Fridays and Saturdays from 6 - 11 p.m. Unlimited bowling for just $15. Price includes shoe rental. PLAYpass eligible. Call 677-3950 for more information.
· Penny A Pin, Sundays starting at noon.: Pay for what you knock down! If you knock down 75 pins, you pay 75 cents. If you shoot a 200, that game is free! Regular price for shoes. Call 677-3950 for more information.
· Tuesday Night Special, Tuesdays, 4 p.m.: Join us at Eagle Lanes Bowling Center for our Burgers & Bowling Special every Tuesday starting at 4 p.m. All for $12, the special includes 3 games of bowling, shoe rental, and a grilled 6 oz. burger on a toasted kaiser roll with your choice of cheese and topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayonnaise. Served with french fries, beverage not included. Additional toppings and other fries are available for an additional charge. Call 677-3950 for more information.
· Get Ready For Fall Leagues at Eagle Lanes Bowling Center - Starting in September. Look for the following league sign-up sheets! Saturday Youth League, Wednesday Intramurals League, Flying Miss League and Friday Night Mixed League . For more information, call the Eagle Lanes Bowling Center at 677-3950.
Airmen & Family Readiness Center
· Daily Lunch & Bowl, Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.: Join us for the Daily Lunch & Bowl Monday through Friday! For $6.50 you get 1 game of bowling (shoes included), a grilled cheese sandwich, a bag of chips, and a fountain beverage. For more information, call 677-3950.
· Team Building Bowling Special, Wednesday - Friday, 1 - 3 p.m.: Bring in your staff and bowl for $1 a game plus shoe rental. Call 677-3950 for more information.
King Pin Café
· New Hours at King Pin Cafe are as follows:
Monday, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Tuesday - Thursday, 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
For more information, call 677-5323.
· Join us for our Pizza & Bowling every Friday at 5 p.m.! For $40.00 you get 2 hrs of lane rental (shoes included), 1 pizza and 1 pitcher of soda. For more information, call 677-3950.
· Call In Your Food Order: You may now call in your food orders to King Pin Café by phone, even during lunch hours! Call 677-5323/3950 to place your order or for more information and one of our friendly staff members will assist you.
· Social Hour, 5 - 7 p.m.: Come join us from 5 - 7 p.m. for Social Hour! Call 677-5323 for more information.
· The annual Retiree day at Dover Air Force Base will be held on Saturday, October 4th at the Landings Club. It will begin with table displays opening at 8:00 a.m. and formal presentations beginning at 9:00 a.m.. This is an opportunity for retirees to get up today information about their benefits and also to find out what facilities are available on Dover Air Force Base. For further information contact the Retiree Office at 302-677-4612 or email email@example.com.
· Effective August 1, 2014, the Commercial Gate (South Gate) outbound/exit lane will operate with new hours. The gate will be open for all traffic from 5:00AM to 7:30PM daily and will be closed from 7:30PM to 5:00AM daily. During open hours, all commercial vehicles must use this gate to depart from the base, and anyone operating a personal vehicle may also use this gate. During closed hours, all traffic must depart the base through the main gate; directional signs will be posted and commercial vehicles will use the far right lane only for departure. Please contact Security Forces at 677-2115 if you have any questions regarding the new gate hours.
· Planning for your Household Goods Pick up. The summer PCS season is upon us, being the busiest moving time of the year. Military members must be prepared. The first step to a smooth move is to come into our office as soon as you receive your orders; it is never too soon to start your move. The Joint Personal Property Shipping Office Northeast (JPPSO-NE) requires at least three to four weeks' notice in order to process your requested dates. They also need alternate dates if your primary dates are unavailable. Please give yourself a few days leeway in case of unforeseen circumstances. Starting early and being prepared is the best way to make your move as comfortable as possible.
· Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of meeting locations. Headquartered in Rancho Santa Margarita, California, the organization has more than 292,000 memberships in more than 14,350 clubs in 122 countries. Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people of all backgrounds become more confident in front of an audience. The Free Speakers Toastmasters Club is ready to help you gain public speaking and leadership skills. Please Join us at our meeting on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday from 5:30pm to 7pm. We provide a fun and supportive environment to develop self-confidence and make new friends. Visitors are always welcome and the public is cordially invited. Please visit http://freespeakers.toastmastersclubs.org/ for calendar of events and location/directions.
· Southern Illinois University on base is accepting applications for admission and registration for Fall 2014 courses. If you are interested in Lean, Six Sigma or Project Management, this may be the degree for you. The BS in Industrial Technology is also online, for those needing flexibility in obtaining a degree. For more information on this degree or other programs, contact the SIU office at (302)734-7829, DoverAFB@siu.edu We are located in Bldg. 261, Room 304. Military students can take advantage of our Military Scholarship. Visit the SIU Extended Campus webpage for additional information. http://extendedcampus.siu.edu/
· USO volunteer recruitment - Volunteers are desperately needed to serve at the USO on Dover Air Force Base. The Dover Air Force Base team is noted for their devotion to serve and support humanitarian agencies like the USO. We want to attract motivated, talented, enthusiastic people who want to make a difference to our mission here at DAFB. If you are looking for a challenge and willing to make a difference in lifting up the spirits in other people's lives this is a calling for you! In fact, one of the greatest strengths of humanity is doing something for another person, without expecting any reward.....Please answer this call! Contact: Bruce Kmiec at: 302 677-2491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanking you in advance for your willingness to place service before self in the devotion of time, effort, energy and creative talents to help others.