Community notes may be submitted to the Public Affairs office at Dover.Airlifter@dover.af.mil
Please use the following format:
(EVENT) will be held at (TIME)on (DATE) at/in (PLACE). For more information, call 677-(EXTENSION).
NOTE: Organizational e-mails may be used as contact information, but not personal e-mail addresses.
9:15 a.m. Protestant Contemporary service at the Chapel Center, building 417
Evangelical service 11 a.m. Sunday at the Chapel Center, building 417
Reconciliation 4:15 p.m. Saturday at the Chapel Center, building 417
5 p.m. Saturday Mass at the Chapel Center, building 417
9 a.m. Sunday Mass at Chapel 2, building 2998
10:15 a.m. Children's Religious Education at Chapel 2, building 2998
11:30 a.m. Sunday Mass at Chapel 2, building 2998
*For more information contact the Chapel Center at 677-3932.
· Walk- About Down Under, November 1, 2013 - March 31, 2014: Walk-About Down Under is an incentive program to provide participants with a way to track their cardio workouts during the winter months and earn a prize by completing the required number of workouts per week. This year's program takes you through Australia on an adventurous journey through the Outback. Fitness Goals: 1) Improve endurance 2) Encourages participation in base activities 3) Incentive to maintain cardiovascular exercise through the winter months. This activity is open to Active Duty military, Reserves, DOD/NAF civilians, dependents, and retirees. Passports will be provided for all participants and will be stamped by the Fitness Center Staff upon completion of 4 workouts per week. This event is sponsored in part by: Wilmington University* and Mary Kay*. *No federal endorsement of sponsors intended. For more information, call 677-3962.
· Dover AFB is currently seeking any Crossfit level 1 or 2 instructors that are willing & available to teach powerlifting/Olympic style techniques at the base gym. If interested; please contact Capt Ashley Willis, Staff Sgt. Justin Bogushefsky or Senior Airman Story Parsons. All contact information can be found on the outlook global. Sign up for these classes by calling the Airman and Family Readiness Center at (302) 677-6930 or on Leadership Pathways.
· Did you know? The Fitness Center now offers a 1,200 sq. ft. area, called the "Xtreme Fitness Room", in which you can perform your own functional training program, with kettlebells, dumbbells, squat racks, and bumper plates, as well as pull-up bars and plyometric equipment. This area is for individual use and is open during normal Fitness Center hours. Come by today to get a tour of our new workout area!
Arts & Crafts Center
· Children's Holiday Gift Shop, December 17, 4 p.m.: While you are out shopping during this holiday season, your 6-12 year-old can spend time making his or her own gifts for family and friends. Cost: $6, includes supplies. Registration is required. PLAYpass eligible. Call 677-3242 for more information.
· Free Safety Inspection, December 19, 4 - 6 p.m.: Free Vehicle Safety Inspection Lane. Are you preparing for a holiday road trip or winter weather? Never leave your vehicle while we conduct a 7-Point Safety Inspection. It only takes about 20 minutes to inspect tires, brakes, fluids, and more, ensuring that there are no safety issues that could leave you stranded or at risk. Come in to get priceless peace-of-mind for your car and family! Call 677-3242 for more information.
· Air Force Arts & Crafts Gallery: Have art you would like to share? Enter it into the 2014 Air Force Arts & Crafts Gallery. Submissions will be accepted by the Arts & Crafts Center through November 30. Contact the center for entry process. An awards presentation along with exhibit opening at the center is scheduled for January 23 from 4 - 6 p.m. Refreshments will be served. Call 677-3246/3242 for more information.
· Open studio, Thursday evenings, Arts & Crafts Center, 6 - 8 p.m.: Come in and paint, work on stained glass, use the pottery studio or self-frame in the studios. All supplies and payments must be purchased prior to close of regular business hours - as retail/frame shops will be closed. The cost is $5 per evening. Registration is required for open studio. For more information, call 677-3246/3242.
Eagle Creek Golf Course
· December Holiday Sale, December 1 - 24: Come check out our sale for all of your holiday golf shopping needs December 1 - 24. Hours of operation: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. daily. For more information, call 677-2988.
· Golf Package for Lodging Guest, Now thru May 1, 2014. Eagle Creek Golf Course offer a golf package for Lodging guest that includes rental clubs for use, a package of 3 golf balls, 9 holes with cart for $25 or 18 holes with cart for $34. Guest must present their room key. For more information, call 677-2988.
DAFB Operation Holiday Cheer
· On Dec. 25 the Patterson dining facility will be open during the following times: 5:30 - 8 a.m., 11 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., and 10:15 p.m. - 12:15 a.m. Wing leadership will serve at various times.
· Donate new gloves, mittens, hats and scarves to the Mitten Tree during daily business hours from Dec. 1-31 at the library.
· There will be holiday gift wrapping the month of December from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. at the Base Exchange.
· The Children's Holiday Party will be from 12-2 p.m. Dec. 14 at the Youth Center. There will be a picture with Santa, games, pizza and more.
· Children under 18 can get a picture with Santa on a C-17 from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Dec. 15, 2013, at the Landings. Registration is required. For more information, call SMSgt. Ford at (302) 677-6937.
· Christmas Light Flights, December 16 - January 4: Here's another way to enjoy the holiday season. See all the beautiful holiday lights aboard one of our Christmas Light Flights from December 16 - January 4*. Flights are approximately 1/2 hour long and require two days advanced scheduling. Cost is $50 for one person and $5 for each additional person in the same aircraft. Maximum of three people per aircraft and weight limits may vary. *Light flights will not be conducted on December 24, 25, 31 and January 1. PLAYpass eligible. For more information, call 677-6365.
· There is an Angel Tree at the Fitness Center. Choose a tag from the Angel Tree and purchase the item(s) listed. Bring item(s) back unwrapped with the tag to the Fitness Center no later than 12 p.m. Dec. 18. Items will be distributed to each squadron's First Sergeant no later than 5 p.m. Dec. 18.
· The Reindeer Dash 5K Fun Run will be at 9 a.m. Dec. 20 at the Fitness Center. For more information, call Mr. Murray at (302) 677-3962.
· The Breakfast in Candyland will take place from 9-11 a.m. Dec. 21 at the Youth Center.
· Santa Breakfast, December 21, 8 - 10 a.m.: FREE event held at the Dover AFB Fire Station! Come join us for Santa Breakfast, hosted by the Eagle Firefighters Association and the Youth Center on December 21 from 8 - 10 a.m. There will be games, prizes and crafts. Sponsored in part by: IHOP*, Ability One*, Chick-fil-A at Camden and Bouncer Boys*.*No federal endorsement of sponsors intended. For more information call 677-6376.
Eagle's Rest Inn
· There's Room at The Inn For Holiday Guests, November 1 - January 15: Do you have family or friends visiting during the holiday season while you are stationed here at Dover AFB? Don't forget to call the Eagle's Rest Inn for first-rate accommodations at an affordable price. Active duty, dependents, retirees and other eligible members can call lodging and rent a room from November 1, 2013 to January 15, 2014. Make your reservations in advance for up to ten days at a time, based on availability. Our guests can find considerable savings by renting lodging on base..."the Price is Right for the Season". Eagle's Rest Inn has single private rooms for $56.00, suites for $58.75 and temporary lodging facilities (TLF) for $60.50. All lodging rooms, at a minimum have queen-sized beds, 25' TVs, DVD, refrigerators, microwaves and conveniently located washers and dryers plus more amenities. Guests are also eligible to use the on-site fitness room featuring a cardio-equipped area. Eagle's Rest Inn's rooms are clean, nicely decorated, full of amenities, and the price is right! Before you use off base hotels this holiday season when friends and family visit, call DSN 445-2840/2841 and commercial (302) 677-2840/2841 to check availability.
Auto Hobby Shop
· Enjoy spring savings on all Carmike* movie tickets for $7.50. Tickets are good for any movie from the first day on except for special events (concert movies, 3D, etc.) Tickets are available from ITT or ODR, Mon - Fri, from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. For more information, call Dover AFB Information, Tickets, & Travel (ITT) 677-6772. *No federal endorsement intended.
Outdoor Recreation Center
· Youth Winter/Spring Swimming Lessons: Outdoor Recreation, in partnership with the YMCA of Dover, is offering youth swimming lessons for ages 6 month - 12 years old. Registration is now open at Outdoor Recreation. Space is limited, sign up early. All lessons are held on Saturday mornings.
Winter Session, January 11 - March 1, 2014 (8 Lessons): $63 for ages 6 month to 5 yrs and $73 for ages 6 - 12yrs.
Spring Session, March 8 - April 26, 2014(7 Lessons): $57 for ages 6 month to 5 yrs and $66 for ages 6 - 12yrs.
Payment must be made at the time of sign up and no refunds will be issued after closing date for the session. Registration deadline for Winter Session is January 6, and for the Spring Session March 3.
· Our story time takes children on a reading adventure! Your toddler can explore their imagination during our story time at the Library on Wednesdays from 2 - 3 p.m. After we read stories, the children make a craft. For children 3-5 years old. For more information, call 677-3992.
· Help expand toddler's imaginations during story time at the Library, Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to noon. After stories are read, the children make a craft. Story time is for children 3-5 years old. For more information, call 677-3992.
· Hours at the Library: Monday - Thursday 11 a.m. - 9 p.m., Friday 10 - a.m. - 5 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday & Holidays closed. For more information, call 677-3992.
Information Tickets & Travel
· Radio City Christmas Spectacular, December 14: Don't miss this opportunity to see America's favorite holiday show featuring the Radio City Rockettes in the Radio City Christmas Spectacular on December 14 in New York City. The show begins at 4:30 p.m. which means you will have two hours before the show and three hours after the show to enjoy NYC decked out in all her holiday splendor, or enjoy dinner on your own at one of the many great restaurants in the area. Make your reservations early - this trip sells out quick! Cost is $168 per person. Price includes transportation and First Mezzanine Seating for the event. Depart DAFB: 10 a.m., depart NYC: approx 9:30 p.m. This trip is PLAYpass eligible. Reservation deadline is December 9. Call 677-6772 for more information.
· Hershey Park Candylane, December 21: Join ITT on December 21, as we travel to Hershey Park's Candylane. This holiday season, enjoy unique holiday-themed attractions, special kids' activities, holiday shopping, and festive culinary events during Christmas in Hershey. A family holiday tradition for Hershey Park and ITT, the Christmas Candylane delights all your senses with our over two million twinkling lights, holiday-themed rides, festive entertainment, steaming mugs of signature hot chocolate, and quaint shopping experiences. Plus, see the entire park and all your favorite Hershey characters decked out in their Holiday finest. This is one of our most popular trips of the year so make your reservation early. Cost is $40 per person. Price includes transportation and park entrance. Depart DAFB: 10 a.m., depart Hershey: approx 8 p.m. This trip is PLAYpass eligible. Reservation deadline is December 17. Call 677-6772 for more information.
· Enjoy fall savings on all Carmike* movie tickets for $7.50. Tickets are good for any movie from the first day on except for special events (concert movies, 3D, etc.) Tickets are available from ITT or ODR, Mon - Fri, from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. For more information, call Dover AFB Information, Tickets, & Travel (ITT) 677-6772. *No federal endorsement intended.
Mulligans Sports Bar & Grill
· Millennium* Night, December 20, 7 - 10 p.m.: Featuring Dominion Millennium Ale*. Please drink responsibly. This event is sponsored in part by Fordham* & Old Dominion*. *No federal endorsement of sponsors intended. For more information, call 677-6038.
· Fanatic Football, Saturdays & Sundays: Fanatic Football is every Saturday and Sunday at Mulligans Sports Bar & Grill. Purchase the Game Day Special. Write your name and phone number on the back of the receipt for a chance to win a $10 Mulligans food coupon weekly. All receipts will be put in for a chance to win $500 cash after the play-off games have been played! For more information, call 677-6038.
· Experience our delicious burgers and watch sports or spend time with your family and friends during our $5 Burger Night! Every Thursday night from 5 - 8 p.m. we have $5 grilled 7 ounce angus burger with your choice of cheese, topped with lettuce, tomato, and onion with a side of french fries. Beverages are sold separately. Sweet potato fries are 75 cents extra. For more information, call 677-6038.
· Experience our tasty wings and watch sports or spend time with your family and friends during our Yueng & Wing Night! Every Wednesday night from 5 - 8 p.m. we have 50 cent wings and $2.50 draft Yuengling*. For more information, call 677-6038. *No federal endorsement intended.
· Kids Eat Free, Saturdays: Kids up to twelve years old eat free every Saturday from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Mulligans Sports Bar & Grill with the purchase of a regular adult meal. For more information, call 677-6038.
· Club Members Free Breakfast, December 19, 6:30 - 8 a.m.: Experience our FREE Members Breakfast on December 19 from 6:30 to 8 a.m., located at The Landings. Breakfast will feature scrambled eggs, cheese omelets, hash browns, bacon, gravy, biscuits, toast, orange juice, and coffee. Menu may vary. Spouse or guest $6 each. FSS rewards card must be presented. For more information, call 677-6024.
· 2013 Air Force Club Membership Drive, ends December 31: Everyone who joins the club during our 2013 Air Force Club Membership Drive will automatically receive three month's FREE membership. Plus an instant win scratch card worth $5 - $100. Join now thru December 31, 2013 and Start Saving Right Away! For more information, call 677-6024.
· The Landings Catering Office: Hours for the Catering Office: Monday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. & Tuesday 1 - 5 p.m. They are located in building 476, room 104. Parties, meetings, weddings, conferences, graduations and more can be booked through the Catering Office. For more information, call 677-6024.
· The Family Child Care homes offer: Full time and part time child care with flexible hours in a safe, nurturing, home style setting. All providers are licensed and trained by the Air Force and the state of Delaware. For more information call, Beverly Henderson at 677-3712.
· Dover Air Force Base, Del., is looking for spouses of active duty or retired military to become licensed and affiliated as Air Force Family Child Care providers. If interested in operating a Family Child Care business in a home on or off base housing, call Beverly Henderson at 302-677-3712.
· Looking for child care with flexible hours in a home setting? Consider Family Child Care to meet your child care needs. Our Family Child Care homes offer: Full time and part time child care with flexible hours in a safe, nurturing, home style setting. All providers are licensed and trained by the Air Force and the state of Delaware. For more information please call, Beverly Henderson at 677-3712.
· Family Child Care offers military families: PLAYpass Pre-Deployment Child Care 16 hours of free child care is available 30 days prior to deployment. Also, PLAYpass Deployment Child Care 16 hours of free child care is available to family members during deployments of 30 days of longer. For more information, call Beverly Henderson at 302-677-3712.
Eagle Lanes Bowling Center
· Cosmic Bowling, Fridays and Saturdays, 6 - 11 p.m.: Cosmic Bowling is now on Fridays and Saturdays from 6 - 11 p.m. Unlimited bowling for just $15. Price includes shoe rental. PLAYpass eligible. Call 677-3950 for more information.
· Get Ready For Fall Leagues at Eagle Lanes Bowling Center - Starting in September. Look for the following league sign-up sheets! Saturday Youth League, Wednesday Intramurals League, Flying Miss League and Friday Night Mixed League . For more information, call the Eagle Lanes Bowling Center at 677-3950.
Airmen & Family Readiness Center
Airman & Family Readiness
· The Airman and Family Readiness Center is sponsoring "Dealing with Stress During the Holidays" on Dec. 11 from 1 - :30 p.m. in bldg. 263, 1st floor conference room. Topics will include discussions about stress, stress reduction techniques, and coping strategies during the holidays. Register via EIM or by calling (302) 677-6930.
· The PLAYpass Program provides deployed-affected Single Airmen and Air Force families respite from the challenges of deployment. Single Airmen returning from deployment and families of deployed members can receive special discounts and rewards to help make their deployment easier. This program runs now through December 2013. PLAYpass cards pre-printed with specific dollar value coupon blocks can be applied to the specified programs offered at each participating location. Each card is valued in excess of $500. For more information or to find out eligibility for a PLAYpass, visit www.MyAirForceLife.com or contact AFRC at 677-6930.
King Pin Café
· David's* Cookies Holiday Trays: Bring some holiday spirit with freshly baked David's* Cookies! Premium Cookie Tray: 3 dozen 4.5 oz cookies. Includes your choice of any combination of Reeses* Peanut Butter Cup and Triple Chocolate, $40. Regular Cookie Tray: 3 dozen 2 oz cookies. Includes your choice of any combination of Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Raisin, Sugar, and Macadamia, $25 To order, call 677-5323 or email email@example.com
· Call In Your Food Order: You may now call in your food orders to King Pin Café by phone, even during lunch hours! Call 677-5323/3950 to place your order or for more information and one of our friendly staff members will assist you.
· Social Hour, 5 - 7 p.m.: Come join us from 5 - 7 p.m. for Social Hour! Call 677-5323 for more information.
· Condensed CCAF classes on base offered by Wesley College. Spring classes begin Jan. 13. Please register NOW in Bldg. 261. For any questions, call the Wesley office at (302) 736-2372.
· Wilmington University's Spring 2014 registration is in progress for classes beginning January 13, 2014. Registration for Summer 2014 classes will begin March 3, 2014. Classes can be taken on DAFB or at any Wilmington University location. Wilmington University courses can be used to fulfill CCAF requirements, Wilmington University requirements, or transfers to other institutions. If getting to class is difficult for you, try our HYBRID or ONLINE courses. Don't forget to call regarding special military and dependent tuition rates! For more information call (302)674-8726 or stop by Building 261, Room 301.
· Serving the Military student for 40 years, Southern Illinois University's Technology Off-Campus Degree Programs and Distance Education features many online courses ranging from 100 level to Master degrees. Registration for Spring 2014 is now open. Classroom courses to be offered at Dover include Applied Calculus, Production & Inventory Control and Project Management. The BS in Industrial Technology is also online for those needing an online degree. For more information contact the SIU office at (302)734-7829, DoverAFB@siu.edu <mailto:DoverAFB@siu.edu> or visit our web page at www.engr.siu.edu/tocdp or http://distanceeducation.siu.edu/. We are located in Bldg. 261, Room 304.
· Are you interested in helping people? Then train now for a rewarding career as a Certified Nursing Assistant or a Home Health Care Aide FREE!!! Delaware Technical & Community College-Terry Campus has scholarship for individuals interested in enrolling in these high growth fields. The Certified Nursing Assistant program consists of 160 hours of classroom and clinical experience. Student learns to safely perform basic nursing skills under the supervision of a licensed nurse in a healthcare facility. Communication, observation and documentation skills are incorporated to aid the student in meeting the psychological, physical and environmental needs of the patient. Following successful completion of this course and internship, the student will take the Nurse Aide Competency examination for Certification and BLS.
· If you enjoy the nursing field but looking for a more flexible schedule try our NEW Home Healthcare Aide program. This program is only 84 hours of classroom instruction and does not require state certification. Home Health and personal care aides help elderly; disabled and ill persons live in their own homes instead of a healthcare facility. Most work with elderly or disabled clients who need more extensive care than family or friends can provide. This program focuses on anatomy, stages of human development, preventing the spread of infectious diseases, medical terminology and more! For more information call Evie Zerefos at 302-857-1421 today!!!
· Join the After School Club every Monday at 3:30 p.m. for just $1 a game plus shoe rental. No reservation or sign ups required. For more information call 677-3950.
· United Service Organizations: In an effort to get out ticket/event information in a timely and fair manner USO Delaware posts specific information on their USO Delaware Facebook Page. Often times, tickets are donated with short or little notice to be able to post in the various command newsletters or get out in mass emails. Over many years various methods have been tried but with varying degrees of success and inevitably someone isn't notified. Posting information on this public platform gives the opportunity to everyone who qualifies for that specific give away to have an equal chance. We encourage Unit Members, Spouses, etc., to "LIKE" USO Delaware and to freely pass along or share our information.
· Looking for a job? The Airman and Family Readiness Center has established a "Hot Job Board", which lists mostly local jobs. Search for openings that suit your strongest skills of look for part-time positions. The postings are uploaded and refreshed every Tuesday morning by 12 noon.
· Teachable talent: Instructors needed. We are looking for contracted instructors for piano to teach youths. Please contact the Youth Center for additional information, call 677-6376.
· Career Transition Workshop: Inverness Technologies, Inc., is accepting resumes for a part-time Career Transition Workshop Facilitator/Trainer for Dover Air Force Base, Del. Successful candidate will facilitate approximately one to two workshops per month. Each workshop is three days in length (weekday, daytime hours). Recruitment is limited to the local commuting area, within 50 miles of the training site. This could be an excellent opportunity for military spouses or veterans living in the area. Candidates must have previous experience in training, career counseling or human resources.
Facilitators deliver comprehensive career transition workshops to assist transitioning service members on topics including: self appraisal, career decision making, identifying job goals, job search techniques, translating military to civilian, marketing transferrable skills, resume preparation, interviewing skills, dress for success, job offer and salary negotiations
Minimum qualifications include the following:
- Comprehensive understanding of the U.S. labor market and public and private sector employment practices
- Associates degree required; Bachelors degree in training, education, career counseling or human resources strongly preferred
- Three years experience as a trainer/facilitator. Experience delivering job search workshops is preferred
- Outstanding communication skills
- Interactive, dynamic and energetic training style necessary to engage this military audience in job search training activities. A training demonstration will be required as part of the interview
-Knowledge of the military and experience working with military clients in strongly preferred
-Must have ID card to enter U.S. military bases and buildings
- Flexibility to travel to other military bases to deliver workshops if needed
This position will begin in May 2013. E-mail cover letter and resume to INVERNESS TECHNOLOGIES, firstname.lastname@example.org; Attn: HR/Delaware, Fax: (703) 634-4554.