Members must, to the greatest extent possible, maintain six feet of physical distancing and face coverings are required at all times. Click here for exceptions to this policy
Face coverings and six feet of physical distancing are required at all outdoor and indoor gatherings. Base members must also comply with the latest Delaware guidance. Click here for more information
The fitness center showers and locker rooms will be reopened starting today, Feb. 23, and will be available for limited use. Click here for more information
Base restaurants will offer limited dine-in options. Click here for more information
1. When an individual is alone in an office with floor-to-ceiling walls with a closed door.
2. For brief periods of time when eating and drinking while maintaining distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines and instructions from commanders and supervisors.
3. When the mask is required to be lowered briefly for identification or security purposes.
4. When necessary to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability.
5. When necessary to reasonably accommodate a religious belief.
6. When underlying health conditions that prohibit the wear of a face covering exist and the individual is in possession of medical documentation from a health care provider outlining such a condition and the restrictions the condition places on wear of a face covering.
7. When outdoors and proper physical distancing of six feet can be maintained.
8. When actively participating in physical fitness activities either indoors or outdoors and either proper physical distancing of six feet is maintained or additional measures are implemented to mitigate the threat of transmission.
9. When an individual is alone in a vehicle or is sharing the vehicle only with members of their household.
10. When use substantively interferes with the proper wear and use of personal protective equipment necessary for the accomplishment of one's military duties.
11. When personnel are in primary aircrew positions during critical phases of flight or emergencies; or when using flight crew oxygen equipment.
12. When clear or unrestricted visualization of verbal communication are essential to safe and effective operations.
Mask wear is required at all times except when actively participating in physical fitness activities, either indoors or outdoors, and either proper physical distancing of six feet is maintained or additional measures are implemented to mitigate the threat of transmission.
To further mitigate the spread of COVID-19, all Dover AFB Fitness Center patrons are required to wear a mask at all times in the facility except when using vigorous cardio equipment or actively showering.
All Dover AFB Fitness Center patrons must wear a mask in transit to and from the showers, lockers and bathrooms and when dressing unless social distancing can be maintained. Patrons are NOT required nor recommended to wear a mask when showering.
Do I have to wear my face mask inside my car? What about when I present my ID at the gate?
With the exception of the 12 cases listed above, face coverings and six feet of physical distancing are required in any outdoor and indoor gatherings. Base members must also comply with the latest Delaware guidance on indoor gatherings or events, which can be found at https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/restrictions/.
What dine-in options are currently available on base?
The Patterson Dining Facility is open to a limited number of dine-in customers, with a one person per table requirement. FREDS and Mugs also offer limited dine-in services with either single-customer or same-household tables only. At all three restaurants, masks must be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
Adverse reactions are similar to other immunizations and may include swelling, pain, redness and tenderness at the injection site. General side effects include fatigue, headache, muscle pain, joint pain, fever, chills, lymph node swelling, nausea and vomiting are possible and are more likely to occur after the second dose of the immunization. These side effects are expected as a normal response and a sign that your body is creating antibodies to protect you from COVID-19. Additional adverse reactions may become apparent with more widespread distribution of the vaccines.
We encourage you to register for the V-Safe health checker program, a smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins from the CDC to vaccine recipients. Depending on your answers, someone from the CDC may call to check on you, but please still contact your primary care team for any additional concerns. For more information, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vsafe.html
Medical Group Appointments
Visitors Center/Pass & ID
DOD Response to COVID-19
COVID-19 Myths vs Facts
DOD TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
FAQ Travel Restrictions
436th Medical Group
Force Health Protection Guidance
Dover AFB Social Media