Visitor Control Center

All unofficial guests who are not in possession of an authorized base access credential, issued a Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) pass, or on the official Access Control List (ACL) must process through to the VCC for identity proofing, background vetting (Fitness), and pass issuance with their sponsor.


302-677-3645 | After-hours call 302-677-6664

Monday - Friday | 6 a.m. - 5:50 p.m.

Saturday - Sunday | 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

DBIDS badges are only done Monday - Friday 

For Real ID Act click HERE

For DBIDS pre-enrollment click HERE

DBIDS pre-enrollment training click HERE

VCC General Information


  • Sponsors will remain with their guest at all times while on the installation.

  • Vehicles are not to be left in the VCC parking lot overnight or for more than 1 hour. Your vehicles are subject to be towed off base if left in the VCC parking lot.

  • If you rent/buy any items from Outdoor Recreation/Information Tickets & Travel/Equipment rental, you will need to have one of the ID cards below.



Visitor Passes:

  • Short-Term passes: 1-7 days
  • Unofficial Foreign Visitor Request: All unofficial foreign visitors wishing to access DAFB must undergo additional background checks and processing before being issued a visitor's pass. This includes a non-U.S. citizens who holds a foreign passport and are not a U.S. permanent resident or do not have Department of Defense identification that would otherwise grant them base access. The processing and additional background checks can take up to 7-10 additional days to complete, receive approval, and the visitor to be issued a pass. Click here for the unofficial foreign visitors form.

  • Email the foreign visitors form to


Hardship Badges:

  • (30-day pass or longer) Will be used when personnel need unescorted access to the base for the purposes of providing help to military members and their families. The requests must be completed by the member and signed by either a Commander or First Sergeant.


Special Event:

  • Must hold a military/DoD ID to submit for an Access Control List (ACL). For a group with 5 or more you can submit an ACL. Must give 7 business to process to ACL and be in correct format. Please follow directions on the attachment found here.


Golf Passes:

  • Golfers who are not military affiliated and would like to use the base golf course are now eligible to receive a 6-month pass. The golfer will need to make contact with the Eagle Creek Golf Course at 302-677-2899.  Golf course personnel will submit their information to the Visitor Center to be processed for their pass. Please ensure you are giving enough time in advance for both the golf course and the Visitor Center to process your request.



Click on this link here allows you to pre-enroll your guest for a visitors pass. If they have never been to Dover or been registered in the system this pre-enrollment will speed up their wait time.

To receive a DBIDS card you will need the following:

  • Contractors must be submitted for badges by authorized unit
  • Valid Driver's License or Valid State ID
  • Current lease agreement (Housing Residents Only)




Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC) must display the veteran’s eligibility status; Medal of Honor recipients, Purple Heart recipients, Former POW, military-service connected below the photo. Veterans will come to the VCC to register their VHIC and will be good for 3 years. They will be able to sponsors up to 5 guest. For further information please visit this website.

Caregivers: If the Veteran is needing a caregiver, the following needs to be followed. Caregivers must produce a valid driver license, or approved credential with the current Veteran Affairs Caregiver Letter. In addition to the VA Letter, caregivers must submit their date of birth and Social Security Number via Hardship Application. Revalidation will be required on an annual basis.